Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,800   Online: 672

View Poll Results: Your age is?

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll
  • Babycakes

0 0%
  • Teens

9 2.39%
  • Twenties

47 12.47%
  • Thirties

65 17.24%
  • Forties

79 20.95%
  • Fifties

89 23.61%
  • Sixties

63 16.71%
  • Seventies

22 5.84%
  • Eighties

3 0.80%
  • Nineties

0 0%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, technically 60's for the moment, turn 70 in August. Photography keeps me young. Don't feel a day over 69 and half.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm
    45 this year. I started out with film as a youngster in the 80's, nothing serious just a Samsung compact. Wandered away from photography completely until about the age of 35 or so, then came back to it when digital started to improve. I am now back to film (35 and 120) probably for good. Last year I learned how to develop my own b/w and will learn c-41 in the very near future, then E-6. There are so many beautiful film cameras I would love to own. For now I adore my Nikon FE, a Yashica 24, a Nikon F90x, an Olympus OM-10, and Yashica TL Electro.

Shooter
    35mm
    59, not for long. Been shooting film since, uh, 1960. Not planning to stop. I've been stockpiling film and wine. My goal is to run out of both about the time I expire.

Ulysses.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    21,742 Days or about 59.5 years.

To quote the Byrds famous song, "My Back Pages" (written by Bob Dylan) "Ah, but I was so much older then,
    I'm younger than that now".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    I was at a park with my view camera. Up hobbles this guy with a cane, easily in his eighties, maybe more. He sizes up me and the camera, looks me right in the eye, and says, "You're a dinosaur".
    The type that eats plants, or the type that might eat people?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    At 26, I thought for a while I must be one of the youngest members, but a ton of you are way younger than me.

Earlier today the poll results showed an inverse bell curve, which actually made more sense to me; I figured old people simply don't want to change, and young people like film because it's trendy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not a lot of 35, mostly bigger. I'm surprised at the poll, I thought our bulge was in the forties.
    Well, my bulge started in my forties, but it's gotten much bigger in my fifties.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Turned 53 yesterday, had a fever, felt like crap. Fever broke, feeling better today. Processed 6 sheets of 57 in my newly made BTZS tubes. Went pretty well, only ruined 2 of the negatives. I was doing the film in pairs, just in case I had some kind of problem. My initial agitation prior to dropping the tubes in the water bath was too vigorous and the film moved and ended up over lapped. Reduced the initial agitation and the next 4 sheets turned out great.

Btw I do shoot 35mm, just happen to be processing 57 today. When I was hanging the film to dry I actually noticed 3 rolls of 35mm that I need to process.

Roger

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

How old is everyone here in 35mm land?

I was at a park with my view camera. Up hobbles this guy with a cane, easily in his eighties, maybe more. He sizes up me and the camera, looks me right in the eye, and says, "You're a dinosaur".
    Great story!

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, just voted and it seems I put the bulge back in the forties! Will turn 42 this year.

Started in photography in the 80s by reading my father's books which dated from the early 50s to the early 70s. Used for many years a Petri FT from 1970 and a range of nice Petri glass until I got one of the last Prakticas in the early 90s. Only went AF with Canon in 2000. Switched to Nikon in 2004. Disappointed with the "D" world, I left any photographic pursuit from 2006 until last year when I got back a F4 and a F90X. I am happier today than ever with my photos!
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin