Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,952   Online: 802

View Poll Results: Your age is?

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll
  • Babycakes

0 0%
  • Teens

9 2.39%
  • Twenties

47 12.47%
  • Thirties

65 17.24%
  • Forties

79 20.95%
  • Fifties

89 23.61%
  • Sixties

63 16.71%
  • Seventies

22 5.84%
  • Eighties

3 0.80%
  • Nineties

0 0%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm 80 years, three months, and 25 days, the most ancient so far in this survey. The Leica M4 I bought new is little more than half as old, the Nikon gear, mostly bought used, is both older and newer. For convenience, much shooting is done digitally, but for quality, large format B&W is still the way to go. Those cameras don't have to be as new as the Leica and Nikons to perform well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Following my dad's example, I am about 40

Started with film at around age 6, circa 1959

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In me 40's, but gettin closer to the 50's.....

I like my 35mm gear (Minolta manual focus and Minolta Rokkor glass), but like Jeff Kubach lately i'm shooting more 120 (6x7) through my Mamiya RB67 Pro-S (that is *when* i'm actually shooting - in a slump these days....).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm 66. Started shooting film when I was about 8. Had a number of periods where for years I did nothing at all in photography. Now I'm just happy as can be that I can purchase and use all this wonderful equipment that I could only look at when I was younger.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I'm 52. My Nikon F is 45, Nikkormat FtN is 42 (that's my 'new' camera ), my Deardorff V8 was made in 1950, Linhof STIV 1959; I have and use lenses made from 1904/5 to 1971. I do use mostly fresh chemicals and color films, but I'm currently using Tri-X in 8x10 that has been stored frozen since 1989.
    E., I didn't know that you were an old fart! I'm a young 51 myself.

My Stereo Realist is from the 1950's. I also own a Zeiss Ikon Contaflex 2 from the 50's and a Zeiss Ikon Contessa with a frozen shutter from the 60's. That's it for 35mm cameras. My oldest piece of photographic gear is from the 1940's, a 14" Kodak Commercial Ektar lens that I use on my Wehman 8x10 camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm at an age where it's a good argument if I am in my late mid 40s or early late 40s. My enlargers are good decades older than I am. I have cameras at least twice as old as I am and some even more.

I'm mostly a 35mm shooter but occasionally medium format - depending on my mood and willingness to lug around a heavy camera.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

How old is everyone here in 35mm land?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    I'm 80 years, three months, and 25 days, the most ancient so far in this survey. The Leica M4 I bought new is little more than half as old, the Nikon gear, mostly bought used, is both older and newer. For convenience, much shooting is done digitally, but for quality, large format B&W is still the way to go. Those cameras don't have to be as new as the Leica and Nikons to perform well.
    The oldest guy mostly shoots digital, what does that say about the rest of us dinosaurs?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

How old is everyone here in 35mm land?

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    Following my dad's example, I am about 40

Started with film at around age 6, circa 1959
    Wow father and son on here? Do you mostly shoot digital too?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm new here (waving!). I'm in my 50s. Been shooting 35mm since 1971. Got my first darkroom in '72. Have shot 120, 126 & digital. I bought a Rebel t1i outfit a couple years back, used it a few times, then eBayed it. Am looking to get my oldest Yashica manual SLRs spruced up and get back to shooting and back to some darkroom work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gotten to be so old that I cant remember... but i do remember (of the times in the early fifties) going 'out with the old Deardorf (and about 12 of Ilford's glass plates in a 'recycled' WWII satchell) for a day with my mentor...

('Twas in the days when the Ilford Exposure Tables were more common than hand held exposure meters)

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin