Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,160   Online: 1094

View Poll Results: Your age is?

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll
  • Babycakes

0 0%
  • Teens

9 2.39%
  • Twenties

47 12.47%
  • Thirties

65 17.24%
  • Forties

79 20.95%
  • Fifties

89 23.61%
  • Sixties

63 16.71%
  • Seventies

22 5.84%
  • Eighties

3 0.80%
  • Nineties

0 0%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ksa66 View Post
    Most are middleages not surpricing.
    I am continually surprised to find my self 'middle aged'. I still think in terms of eight or so but am having to start thinking of myself as old.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm 23 now, but I've been into film since I was 16 maybe, but it was only a couple months after I bought my first DSLR and got "serious" about photography that I became "serious" about film as well, which is kinda odd. But I've always liked doing things with my hands, so maybe the digital process wasn't hands-on enough for me. I still shoot digital for assignments and difficult shots (i.e. when getting the shot is more critical than my artistic wishes), but nearly 95% of my private work is in film.
    Canon F1n / FTb / AE-1P | Yashica Mat-124G | Hasselblad 500C/M | Leica IIIf

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Minoltian View Post
    I'm new here, and I was just curious the average age of people on this board.
    I'm 21, and in love with film, however even most older photographers I talk to are done with film forever.

By the way I didn't want to exclude anyone...
    As long as they make film, I'll be shooting it... I'm 65.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am 42, look like I am 52 and feel like I am 72. Good times.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBodyOldSoul View Post
    I am 42, look like I am 52 and feel like I am 72. Good times.
    Just act like you're 32, and you'll be fine.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh yeah, 32... I remember it like it was 20 years ago.

Shooter
    35mm RF

How old is everyone here in 35mm land?

Just turned 47 this week! I've been shooting film since the late 70's and apart from my iPhone I don't (and have never) owned a digital camera.

I've used various formats - started off with 127, then 110 before buying my first 'serious' camera, a Pentax ME Super and have used 35mm up until this year when I finally got around to medium format. Loving film and don't see any reason to quit....

Christian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    61 first camera at 14: Box Tengor 6x9 >first darkroom; Lubitel for 5 years > Ricoh slr > Nikon fm > Nikon D200>Mamiya 330f > Contax g2 > ERKO 1924 9x12 plate>RZ67>Rolleiflex sl66se and a lot of plastic fun camera's. Still proud owner of all my camera's.
    k.hendrik
    Last edited by k.hendrik; 02-14-2013 at 06:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

How old is everyone here in 35mm land?

Quote Originally Posted by C.poulton View Post
    Just turned 47 this week! I've been shooting film since the late 70's and apart from my iPhone I don't (and have never) owned a digital camera.

I've used various formats - started off with 127, then 110 before buying my first 'serious' camera, a Pentax ME Super and have used 35mm up until this year when I finally got around to medium format. Loving film and don't see any reason to quit....

Christian
    127 can be pretty serous

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I will be 52 this year and the urge to shoot and develop film has never left me for 30 of those years. I just never saw the attraction of digital since mono film gives me everything I want or need in an imaging system. I also like the fact that I can buy film cameras at bargain prices compared to what they once cost. Pro quality Nikon slrs for the cost of a semi disposable p&s digital.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin