Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,441   Online: 737

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Focus Tracking

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks very much Ricardo.

After reading all the posts I'm not sure if tracking will solve my problem. There's a tendency to hope technology will solve everything isn't there - perhaps I've been able to prevent an outbreak of GAS.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    What lens are you using? Zoom or a single focal length?

I'd probably shoot a wide angle stopped down to f/5.6 and leth the depth of field of the lens take care of any minute focusing errors.

If you're shooting a 50mm lens at 3 feet, for example, depth of field at f/2.8 is only three inches. A 35mm lens at the same aperture and distance will have six inches depth of field.

At 2 feet, a 50mm lens will have just one inche depth of field, while a 35mm lens will give 3.3 inches.

If you stop down to f/4 or f/5.6, you have more room for focusing errors, which will happen when you're trying to follow an active child.

You'll find that shooting wide open or close to it is best for static objects, people who don't move too quickly or when you can get someone (child or adult) to stop moving for a few moments.

Shooter
    35mm
    Winter time indoors is hindering my ability to stop down.

Earlier, I think I got some good shots using the 16mm fisheye. With care, the distortions can be minimised and the depth of field is comfortable even at 2.8

The only lenses I own are the 16mm, a 24mm and a 50mm.
    Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin