Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,452   Online: 952

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Agfa half frame

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Agfa half frame

Any idea what's going on here? I have this cool little Agfa half frame camera, but each frame on a roll of film has this heavy flare on it, like in the lower right hand corner of the attachment. Any idea why that is?

Thanks,

- Thomas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 111207_13.jpg  
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are all patches of the same density and location? Otherwise it would easier to consider a ligh leak in the cassette going through several windings of film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Are all patches of the same density and location? Otherwise it would easier to consider a ligh leak in the cassette going through several windings of film.
    No, the intensity of the flare increases the more directly the light shines into the lens.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe a light leak in the shutter, only existing when being exposed. Hard to imagine though. A hint at the camera model might crank up our brains.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's an Agfa Paramat. I took a picture of it, but for some reason it doesn't seem to want to load to the APUG server. Here's a link to an identical camera.
    http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Agfa_Paramat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hard to think camera light leak. have you cleaned the lens inside and out to make sure there's not something there flaring?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Considering flare it would rather be a highly reflective surface inside the camera tube. Look inside whether there has any flat black varnish chipped off (if there is any...) uncovering something reflective that is hit by the ray-cone.

inside view:
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...at_I_innen.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wouldn't know where to start to disassemble the whole lens assembly and clean the individual lens elements inside and out. I know for a fact that I would not be able to put it back together again.
    I'll have a look to see if there is any paint missing inside the assembly somewhere.
    Thanks for the ideas, guys. Sorry for the late response; it's difficult to find the time to post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I wouldn't know where to start to disassemble the whole lens assembly and clean the individual lens elements inside and out. I know for a fact that I would not be able to put it back together again.
    I'll have a look to see if there is any paint missing inside the assembly somewhere.
    Thanks for the ideas, guys. Sorry for the late response; it's difficult to find the time to post.
    certainly not suggesting disassembly -- but make sure there's no dust on the outside surface of the lens on either its outside or camera inside, is what I meant. A small speck can cause such a flare and it is usually on the front element.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    certainly not suggesting disassembly -- but make sure there's no dust on the outside surface of the lens on either its outside or camera inside, is what I meant. A small speck can cause such a flare and it is usually on the front element.
    When I return home I will make an inspection. I looked at that before, but not very critically.

Question: If the flare is white in the print, to me that means overexposure on that portion of the negative. How can something that's an obstruction to the light path cause that? (I am serious with my question, just don't understand the reasoning).

Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin