Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,327   Online: 1065

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LaChou View Post
    All 1.2 lenses are priced higher then 1.4, 1.4 then 1.8, etc. It has nothing to do with performance.
    It is the availability/stupidity_of_ the_buyer ratio. A seller is by definition either a liar or a miserable person being compelled to sell his property by the circumstances of his life.
    Got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, hey?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A seller is by definition either a liar or a miserable person being compelled to sell his property by the circumstances of his life.
    Both sellers and buyers are purveyors of happiness and satisfaction: a seller is happier with my money than his property, and (if I am doing business with him in the first place) I am happier with his property than my money.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Be interesting to know what few are better . . .
    I'd guess that the Noctilux might be considered better. More coma, but more light too . . .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was once a lens maniac like many of you, guys. All this lasted till I had a chance to compare two (presently extinct) camera/lens systems. This comparison taught me a lot, and among other things it taught me not to "trust" the lens and work with hi-end lenses as if worked with poor ones. All lenses are "culs-de-bouteille" to me now. I think some of you will attain this level of skill someday. I do not care much which lens I use now, unless it is a Tamron, which I can not even get focused (br-r-r-r-r-r!).
    You just continue selling lies to each other. It is all about money, not the result. If we ran a test 99% of you would not tell a Zeiss from a Leica, a Canon from a Nikon. Not speaking about the poor public, who never cares. It is all about money. "You will either know it...,or you won't".*
    *From "Men in Black-III".
    I despise those, who create their own "reality", and especially those, who try to create wisdom of their own. This is "violation of concept". When one is unable to embrace what he perceives, he creates a smaller world for himself that he can embrace, and switches off the perception.

Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=desertratt;1451084]I would hate to see the day when everything photographic sells for ten bucks. I recently bought a Nikon N70 body in beautiful shape for $20,

Just as well it was $20. Presumably you'd have refused to buy it at $10

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    La Chou, no doubt the poor public needs protection . . .

BTW, what extinct mounts did you try and what were your results?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think some of you will attain this level of skill someday.
    I'm not claiming I've reached a pinnacle of any sort, but it's possible you never learned to outshoot the quality of your own equipment, which would explain why you can't get any better results with more precise lenses than you get with low-quality gear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was once a lens maniac like many of you, guys. All this lasted till I had a chance to compare two (presently extinct) camera/lens systems. This comparison taught me a lot, and among other things it taught me not to "trust" the lens and work with hi-end lenses as if worked with poor ones. All lenses are "culs-de-bouteille" to me now. I think some of you will attain this level of skill someday. I do not care much which lens I use now, unless it is a Tamron, which I can not even get focused (br-r-r-r-r-r!).
    You just continue selling lies to each other. It is all about money, not the result. If we ran a test 99% of you would not tell a Zeiss from a Leica, a Canon from a Nikon. Not speaking about the poor public, who never cares. It is all about money. "You will either know it...,or you won't".*
    *From "Men in Black-III".
    And neither could you, I'll wager.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I never said I can tell them apart. My point was, almost nobody can...

@sehrgut
    What "better results" are you talkig about. I meant to say: you can't trust your lens with anything, you have to watch out or it will fail you.

When I take a camera it is myself who is generating inspiration. The camera is good when it "knows" how to get out of the way. It's just an instrument. For want of a "glock" you can achieve the same result with a crowbar.
    I despise those, who create their own "reality", and especially those, who try to create wisdom of their own. This is "violation of concept". When one is unable to embrace what he perceives, he creates a smaller world for himself that he can embrace, and switches off the perception.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingWaves View Post
    When the Noct was designed and built the use of aspherical elements was not common, those elements at that time required special cutting and polishing techniques, as well the reject rate on those elements we very high so that added to the cost.
    The user of today is likely not interested how a lens was manufactured, but how it serves his needs.
    That grinding of an aspherical lens would rather be of interest to a collector.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin