Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,713   Posts: 1,514,682   Online: 886

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm lost

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I dunno. Maybe he's out wasting film. Good for him.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I am afraid Ps1821 is really lost as we see no further post.
    I like your quip. Dry humour but not nasty. However his post is not yet 24 hours old so maybe we have to give a little leeway. It's the one post on say, Jan 1 then 99 helpful replies over the next few days and occasional posts over many subsequent months or even years with no further OP response that gets to me

I have a feeling that there must be more to the OP's question than meets the eye as the shutter speed dial tells it all

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    I would suggest looking up and getting a copy of John Hegecoe's, "The Manual of Photography". It's a great book to keep in you library. It covers all aspects of manual photography in short easy to understand sections with great graphics to help visualize the concepts. They are pretty cheap.
    WJS/wi/usa

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry still figuring out the web site. This has been helpful! I guess it is just a learning curve! I just need to get some books on photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Usually if a camera is marked "60", it really means 1/60 second. Or 250 would mean 1/250 second.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ps1821 View Post
    Sorry still figuring out the web site. This has been helpful! I guess it is just a learning curve! I just need to get some books on photography.
    http://www.amazon.com/Black-White-Ph...nry+horenstein

Henry Horenstein's "Black & White Photography - A Basic Manual" is excellent - easy to read and apply.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Start with Part 1 (at the bottom of the page) - http://thepioneerwoman.com/photograp...what-the-heck/ The way she writes it, it's easy to understand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most libraries have gotten rid of their film related photography books. You would do well to check out your local thrift shop (Goodwill, etc.) or used book store.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Read books, but don't spend too much time on book knowledge...get out there and shoot pictures!

shoot a roll, process it and look at the results...and, learn how to look at your negs to evaluate your results! Enjoy!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This may be a rare case where somebody is brand new to any SLR camera, film or otherwise..... and totally clueless, not even knowing where to start. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone was there at one time.

If this is the case, it may be the best to find someone, an old timer maybe, to show him how to use it. It can be daunting to read about aperture, shutter speed, etc, etc, etc and try to apply it to the camera in hand. It's SO easy if someone can show him in person.

I have no idea where in the world he lives but if he is in Central Florida, I'd be glad to do the "old timer" thing for him. I'm sure there are plenty of APUGers that can do the same.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin