Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,209   Online: 867

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm lost

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah tkamiya your probably right! And it is pretty daunting! So I guess I'll look around! And thanks for the offer but I live in Utah! Thank you all I have been learning a lot!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ps1821 View Post
    Yeah tkamiya your probably right! And it is pretty daunting! So I guess I'll look around! And thanks for the offer but I live in Utah! Thank you all I have been learning a lot!
    I'd suggest JBrunner as an "oldtimer", but it might get me into trouble.

Do you make your own bread?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Are you asking me if I make my own bread?

Images
    Brunner likes bread, I like bread, hell who does not like bread. Kind of like Bacon. Yum bacon.

Lots of folks in Utah just depends on where you are. I'm right on the southern border, Brunner is in SLC, and I am sure there are a bunch inbetween that can help.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ps1821 View Post
    Are you asking me if I make my own bread?
    I'm teasing a bit - JBrunner has a thread running right now about bread making.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    I like bread also. It was just a weird question and yes occasionally I do make my own bread.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok I see!

Images
    It is a little known APUG fact that services can be paid for with fresh bread. Kind of our own little barter economy.

I was serious though, give us your general location in UT and people here will point you to someone helpful.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jeeez, guys. You're grilling him on his cooking habits?

Shutter speeds are designated in fractions of a second. The marking "1" means one second or 1/1 second. "2" means 1/2 second, "30" means 1/30 second and so on.
    This is the length of time the film is exposed to light. A general rule to avoid motion blur is to use a shutter speed of 1 over the focal length of the lens you are using, that is 1/30 sec. for a 35mm lens, 1/60 sec. for a 50mm lens and so on. A better rule is to use a tripod.

Is your bread very good?

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum47/1...read-home.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ps1821, you have had much advice and if you are a newcomer to this, it might be difficult to understand. Take pictures. Set the shutter speed about the same as the ISO speed (that's shown on the box/pack of the film), ie. ISO 100 shutter 125, (that's 1/125sec.), ISO 200 shutter 250,
    (that's 1/250sec.) and TAKE PICTURES. Check your results and come back with your questions. If you took a shot of an F1 car on a racing circuit at 125 and wondered why it was blurred the forum will have the information as to why. Don't be shy, we all had to start somewhere, but do read and question what you don't understand.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin