Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,906   Posts: 1,555,859   Online: 866

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I'm lost

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ps1821 View Post
    And another question. Is there another kind of battery that I can buy instead of Mercury? (They don't make them anymore I guess)
    I have a few cameras that used mercury batteries. For any that used 1.35Volt mercury battery (button cell) I now use a WEINCELL battery. They can be found on e-bay with "WEINCELL" or "WEIN" CELL as your search term.

They are a zinc air battery. Yep, I know it sounds weird... but they have a very long shelf life and are not activated until you remove a covering off their Negative terminal. You're supposed to leave the the covering off battery for a day before you put it into service.

Sorry URL didn't work... Instead use Google images search for 1.35V Wein Cell

(They're used in my Minolta SRT 101 and my Yashica Mat 124G)

Now my Yashica Electro 35 uses a different battery (5.6V Mercury) that I sub with a 6V PHO 0230 and find it is close enough for the old camera to work properly.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by SpunkySpine; 01-31-2013 at 11:28 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: URL to photo did not work
    Sometimes I'm Brilliant but most times I'm Just Myself!

Shooter
    35mm
    Does anyone have any good links where I can learn about ASA/din?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ps1821 View Post
    Does anyone have any good links where I can learn about ASA/din?
    It's "ISO" now. http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Film_speed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When you get tired of paying for Wien cells ( http://www.micro-tools.com/store/Sea...rd=wein%20cell ) and replacing them every couple of months, go to the local drugstore and buy a 6-pack of #675 hearing aid cells for about the price of one Wien cell. Then get an 'O'ring(s) at the hardware to act as a bushing to center the cell(s) in your battery compartment.

Here's how to make the drugstore cells last a lot longer than Wien cells: After you peel off the tab, take some tape or glue and block/plug 3 of the four airholes in the cell case. Cells modified in this manner last over 1 year in my Nikkormat, but it will depend on your camera and how you use it.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am looking for a good wide angle lens for my ft ql. Any suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good thing about FD lenses is that they are very inexpensive. Try the FD 28mm F2.8 for starters, good all round and cheap as chips. I think there are a couple of FD lenses in the Apug classifieds at the moment, worth a look.
    I had my FT's converted to use S76 (silver oxide) batteries, not expensive and the S76's last for at least a year or two...also available everywhere.

Shooter
    35mm
    Any other sugestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ps1821, you will learn most if you just take pictures and then ask questions about your results.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin