Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,392   Online: 704

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    In that case it seems that the unlocking lever isn’t working properly. You won’t be able to open the back until the rewind knob can be unlocked and raised. In this case you’d have to submit the camera to camera repair service, such as Essex Camera Repair.

http://www.essexcamera.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Man that stinks. Just sent my FA to be repaired (stuck DOF preview lever & CLA --nasty light seals)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by starcade design View Post
    Oh and yes, that's the lever I was saying that I've moved back and forth multiple times. I've rotated it as far in the stated direction as it will go. It doesn't make a difference.
    you are sure you are pulling just on the rewind knob?

Don't mean to beat a dead horse or insult -- but if yu are pulling on that ring below it with the asa numbers, you are not going to get anywhere. Lift the handle of the rewind knob, the think you unfold to rewind,, push the safety lock back and pull up just on the handle/crank of the rewind knob. the whole knob should come up, back should pop open.

if that don't work, sorry, may need a repair shop. essex highly recommended.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, it's the rewind knob, not the asa/iso selector. I've tried pulling the knob itself & just the handle.

Sounds like I'll need repair. Time to stop buying ebay cameras I guess. Bought an FA & FE, both supposedly in good working condition. Both in need of repair without getting one roll out of either. At least the $2.50 Ricoh FF3-AF I found at Goodwill ran a roll through & rewound nice and smooth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    sound more as if he neglected -- first timers do this all the time -- to make sure the film was advancing properly and when he rewound there was only a coupla inches of film to pull back in.

by the way, sometimes when you pull the rewind lever up the back doesn't open because it is sprung open by a spring that pushes on the film cartridge -- no film, no push, so you have to pull on it a bit.
    I'd agree with the first sentence but the back is pushed open(springified) by the pressure plate.
    Have you tried winding the RW knob in either or both directions since it jammed?
    Something that MAY have happened is with the pulling upward, the RW fork inside the camera has ridden up onto the top of the cassette.
    I'll suggest rotating the knob in one direction or the other while pulling up on the knob. If it doesn't work, try it pushing down. If you wind anti-clockwise, the knob will come off, there is the lever, a spring and a washer it only works one way.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to be sure, you are moving and holding the release lock in the release position at the same time you are trying to lift the winding knob?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, it's the rewind knob, not the asa/iso selector. I've tried pulling the knob itself & just the handle.

Sounds like I'll need repair. Time to stop buying ebay cameras I guess. Bought an FA & FE, both supposedly in good working condition. Both in need of repair without getting one roll out of either. At least the $2.50 Ricoh FF3-AF I found at Goodwill ran a roll through & rewound nice and smooth.
    You have to push and hold the release lever at the same time as you pull up on the rewind spindle.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yep, doing that. Promise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, doing that. Promise.
    Your probably going to need t send it out to a repair location that knows and works on Nikon cameras. Sounds like something came lose or broke inside with winding knob stem.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    if i fix it can i keep it?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin