Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,003   Online: 1060
      
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,662

    Pentax H1a service manual

    When I was given an old Nikkormat, it took about five minutes to find a downloadable service manual and print out the pages I needed.

    I'm having no such luck with the H1a I just acquired. It came to me with a sticking second curtain; application of a tiny bit of furnace oil to the curtain drum bushings freed it, and now it works just fine - all speeds are in the ballpark including the non-existant 1/1000, X synch works, and it sounds "right". But, it needs a complete CLA and I need to know things like how far to tension the curtains and what all the adjustment screws with red paint locking them do.

  2. #2
    BradS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    S.F. Bay Area, California
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    4,083
    Images
    1
    I don't remember if it is for the H1a and I'm not sure it is service manual or an exploded view/part list but, I have something in a drawer at home. I'll be back there Sunday night. If I can find it and it seems useful to you, I'll send it to you...please send me a PM or email.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    893
    There is a comprehensive National Camera Spotmatic service manual that may be useful -> Robertstech manuals

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    318
    As I understand it all the basic design is the same, but was tweaked for the Spotmatic to make it less vulnerable to shutter capping.

    The problem may be with the search term. I think the H1a was sold as the S1a (or SV for the next model up, same basic design but with 1/1000 marking and a self timer) outside the USA. H is of course the initial of Honeywell, who imported them as "Honeywell Pentax" while everywhere else had them as "Asahi Pentax". If you try looking for an S1a or SV manual you may have more luck.
    Matt

  5. #5
    AgX
    AgX is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    9,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    There is a comprehensive National Camera Spotmatic service manual that may be useful -> Robertstech manuals
    Access to this document is blocked depending on IP-address region.

  6. #6
    Ian Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    West Midlands, UK, and Turkey
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16,430
    Images
    148
    Look on this website, the S1a/H1a issimilar to the SV and S3, it's a model inbetween.

    Ian

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Look on this website, the S1a/H1a issimilar to the SV and S3, it's a model inbetween.

    Ian
    Bingo. Thank you Ian, and thank you all very much.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,662
    Quote Originally Posted by PentaxBronica View Post
    As I understand it all the basic design is the same, but was tweaked for the Spotmatic to make it less vulnerable to shutter capping.

    The problem may be with the search term. I think the H1a was sold as the S1a (or SV for the next model up, same basic design but with 1/1000 marking and a self timer) outside the USA. H is of course the initial of Honeywell, who imported them as "Honeywell Pentax" while everywhere else had them as "Asahi Pentax". If you try looking for an S1a or SV manual you may have more luck.
    You are correct, the fact that the H prefix was used only in the US didn't occur to me.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,662
    The camera is now working like new, and according to the label on the oil it's good to minus 75f(!). Thanks all!
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 01-30-2013 at 01:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin