Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,194   Online: 695

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon F4 - AF light is not focusing properly

How do I know? Well, I have a G2 screen for my Nikon F4s. When I focus with the G2 screen (or even with the regular B screen) and can tell by MY eyes that the focus is where it should be, I find my Nikon F4s's green light to be off. That is, when an image is truly in focus, the F4 has the red triangle showing. When I compensate for AF lights and make it in focus according to my F4's AF (that is, get a green light indicator), the image I see from the viewfinder is actually off just a tad.

Curious if anyone knows if this is a problem I can somehow fix? And if so, how? I'm tempted to send it to Nikon Canada but I'm not sure if they'll repair my stuff. If anyone has any suggestions, that'd be great!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The AF is out of adjustment; it'll need serviced. Its adjusted with software that plugs into the gold contacts inside the camera back...you cannot do it yourself.

Before sending it off, have you taken photos to be sure the focus screen is correct?
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    35mm
    So just an update on this... I used an air blower and did a mirror lock-up so I could see the AF sensor. I blew air into the mirror chamber to blow out anything that might be fouling the AF. Now, the AF is accurate and working again! I guess it must've been some dirt on the AF sensor. Crazy how sensitive it can be!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin