Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,726   Online: 1092

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would back up comments re. the quality of the old Super Takumar lenses for the Pentax Spotmatic, mine were superb. The Nikon found favour with pros, not because of lens quality (although their lenses have always been good) but because they were the first to produce a total camera system, with rugged bodies, motordrives and every accessory you could need. The top priority for pros in those days was utter reliability in hostile conditions, and Nikon provided this.

Purely in terms of lens quality, my vote would go to early Pentax and Minolta lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want a great place to send off your lens for a CLA, I recommend Vermont Camera Works. I live in NC and send my stuff to them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of the things that caused the demise of the Miranda Camera Company was the name, and I had to sell them for a living in those days.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin