Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,559   Posts: 1,573,294   Online: 938

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    That is, if it can find the shutter...
    Phhhttttt Replace shutter with iris then - To be fair, the OP didn't mention camera or lens make/model.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least it wasn't a herd of buffalo!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Phhhttttt Replace shutter with iris then - To be fair, the OP didn't mention camera or lens make/model.
    Yeah, but going by which forum this is...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry to hear about the lens.

I had similar experiences with a cat we had. We found him dead in the basement a week ago at age 18. I was tempted to take him for the last ride to the vets more than once, but glad I didn't. Stuff is cheaper than a divorce.

I just learned to put my stuff up out of harms way.

Everyone has their own attitutes about such matters, but I'm sleeping OK with my decisions.

Shooter
    35mm
    Man that stinks! I hope there is no extra charge for repairing stinky lens

Shooter
    35mm
    Whether there is an extra charge or not it will be worth it. When she comes over at night purring and curls up next to my head, well lets just say its better than any sleeping pill. She has made it plain more than once that I am her human, she basically lives in our bedroom, and since she got the antibiotic shot (it lasts 2 weeks, which I like, it prevents blood loss) and I changed to the urinary health cat food, she started using the box again.

The lens is a Sigma 400mm lens that has the Ricoh mount for my Ricoh kr-30-sp. I would have been far more upset if she had gotten my Weston light meter.

I am just glad that it was an easy fix, and she will be around for a while yet.

Thanks for all the help and advice!

For those who would lilke to know, there are a couple of products that work very well I don't know what its called in Europe, but here it's called Oxy Clean, its a laundry additive and its great at removing cat odor. The other, as mentioned here, is an enzyme cleaner here, its called Nature's Miracle.

Thanks again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Give it a quick rinse, wipe dry, put it in a container with descant packs and rush it to get CLAed.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My old cat had an an issue at the end of her life and peed on the floor. It soaked through the floor and dripped down through the drop ceiling I have in my office. I found it from the popping sound and bright flashes my densitometer was making as it shorted out from the cat pee. She also got a monitor and a drum scanner mounting station that both survived. That was an expensive accident she had. Hopefully your lens won't be so expensive. And while we did have her put to sleep, it had nothing to do with this incident.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had four dogs (now three ) and can vouch for Nature's Miracle. Glad your cat is treatable and getting better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 3 cats will wreck anything. I put away my photo gear so they can't destroy it. They're not malicious. They're just being cats.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin