Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,092   Online: 915

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    My 3 cats will wreck anything. I put away my photo gear so they can't destroy it. They're not malicious. They're just being cats.
    Specifically, cats that are the size of dogs!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    My 3 cats will wreck anything. I put away my photo gear so they can't destroy it. They're not malicious. They're just being cats.
    They are being Maine Coon cats that not only are the size of dogs, but has the attitude of "its all about me!" When friends come over, it's not to see me, its to see/pet my Maine Coon (Cozy). If they ignore her, she will just jump up the back of the couch and rests on the back right behind the visitor and plays with something of theirs, until they relent and pet her.

As for the other one (Pandora), she is back to using the litter box. All my camera stuff is put away, and hopefully, all is well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post

As for the other one (Pandora), she is back to using the litter box.
    Is that then Pandora's box?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Maine Coons are more like dogs

Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    They are being Maine Coon cats that not only are the size of dogs, but has the attitude of "its all about me!" When friends come over, it's not to see me, its to see/pet my Maine Coon (Cozy). If they ignore her, she will just jump up the back of the couch and rests on the back right behind the visitor and plays with something of theirs, until they relent and pet her.

As for the other one (Pandora), she is back to using the litter box. All my camera stuff is put away, and hopefully, all is well.

My Maine Coon cat passed over 8 years ago. Buster was a character and was real charmer. Someone threw him away and was living on the streets until he charmed his way into our house. He's more like a dog and loves people more than other cats. Maine Coons are one of my favorite breeds. I love Maine Coons and my APUG handle is not from me loving Maine Coons so much. Buster was a catnip junkie. When he was on catnip, he was a Maine Coon Maniac.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cats by definition are malicious.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You have a chance to disassemble your lens, clean everything and re-assemble it. Only this way, the cat's curse will be lifted.
    I despise those, who create their own "reality", and especially those, who try to create wisdom of their own. This is "violation of concept". When one is unable to embrace what he perceives, he creates a smaller world for himself that he can embrace, and switches off the perception.

Shooter
    127 Format
    It means your cat now owns the lens.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Be glad that it wasn't your bed... (says he who has twice had to pull everything off the bed and stuff it into the washing machine). Luckily it didn't get past the padded mattress topper!

I think with mine it's some sort of territorial marking behaviour, he's a neutered tom who'll be a year old this spring and gets a bit needy sometimes. He'll yowl pitifully from time to time and then start purring like a zeppelin engine when picked up and cuddled. Meanwhile his sister all but rolls her eyes as if to say "what a wimp!"

As for smells on camera gear, I've had a few smoke-ridden bodies and the only effective means I've found is a good clean with cotton buds, lens cleaning spray and paper towels for larger areas like leatherette. Also helps to replace the foam light seals, they've usually turned to black goo by now anyway and will have absorbed a lot of smoke particles. Basically you need to clean all the dirt out of the corners, especially on the top plate but also on side panels and around the lens mount.
    Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Is that then Pandora's box?
    Funny you should say that. We named her Pandora because she loves boxes. When she was a kitten, she loved saltine cracker boxes, she would pull out the crackers, curl up in the box and sleep.

When it's time for our Maine Coon, we will most likely adopt another one. We adopted Cozy when we lived in Salt Lake City. She too was thrown away because her owners got new furniture and she no longer complimented the new furniture color.

I got word on my lens today from the camera shop. The urine did not penetrate fully, it only got into the hood. I paid $150 for the lens on Ebay, and the shop gave me a discount (he had a good laugh at my expense), so the CLR only cost me $100. It could have been much worse.

Shooter
    35mm
    Cats can be brand loyal to a fault,my guess is your cat let you know in no uncertain terms what it thinks of Sigma.cats tastes usually are expensive, I'd say your cat is Leica fan...

Cats by definition are malicious.
    They also have a sense of humor.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin