Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,941   Posts: 1,585,725   Online: 1106

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Smallest 50mm? Wouldn't that be the Industar 50mm f/3.5?
    There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Smallish 50ish slr lens

Quote Originally Posted by zk-cessnaguy View Post
    Smallest 50mm? Wouldn't that be the Industar 50mm f/3.5?
    I think so too. Great performer too. At least mine is.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Takumar 55/1.8 is smaller than the 50/1.4. Cheaper and similar quality.

Shooter
    35mm

smallish 50mm

I was leaning towards the Industar. Any one have any photo examples taken with it. J

Shooter
    35mm
    As I understand it the problem with Super Takumar 50/1.4s only affects the earliest model of the lens. If you find one of those cheaply then you'll be able to sell it on for enough to cover a later 50/1.4 and still make a profit! There's plenty of information online about identifying them.

As for small, there's an Industar 50mm f3.5 pancake in screw mount but it's completely manual. Mine doesn't even have click stops on the aperture setting, let alone a preset or auto mechanism to stop it down.

Would 35mm be any use to you? The Super Takumar 35/3.5 is very small and very lovely, it's a bit slow but for daylight shooting with 200ASA film it'll be fine, and that's generally what I put in a camera I plan to carry around on the offchance that something will happen in front of it.
    Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    How small is small, and is size REALLY the most important consideration for you? Most of the smallest lenses are going to be older lenses, or tessar types.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dosilverhalide View Post
    I was leaning towards the Industar. Any one have any photo examples taken with it. J
    Digging through the archives from 1977, here are a few pics from a Zenit-E / Industar 50 F3.5 combo on Plus-X.

The subject is the chopping up of a Standard 8, (literally by hand with an axe), after we had salvaged the few parts worth keeping.

The last two shots are the rear end of a Suzuki T500, note that you can read the registration year of 1977 - 1978 on the rego sticker.

In general my sample was quite sharp and contrasty. I'd never heard of bokeh in those days but I would describe it as neutral.
    Must dig it out one day as I have adapters for M42 to several bayonet mounts and see what it can do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image04.jpg   Image05.jpg   Image11.jpg   Image34.jpg   Image34a.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Olympus made a 50f1.8 and a 50f1.4 for the FTL. While not "small" compared to OM lenses, they are still Zuiko's. FTL lenses are not the most common, but they can be found on the auction site - the 50f1.8 especially.

Shooter
    35mm
    There was a very small 50/2.8 with front element focusing which I think was a Rikenon. For an M42 camera I would recommend a 55/1.8 or 55/2 S-M-C-T or SMC. These are very well coated, not too large and very sharp.

Shooter
    35mm
    Those Industar pictures look pretty good. I have one in m39 mount and it took decent pictures. I also dug out a Pentax 35mm lens and its small, but the Industar is getting the nod. J

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin