Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,985   Online: 915

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilk View Post
    if anything, composing in reverse will improve your composition; learn to detach "composition" from "subject" and you may be on to something.
    I wholeheartedly agree. It won't take you long to get used the waist level view. (Not like a view cam's upside-down-and-backward). In fact... it will actually make composition easier, IMHO. Don't be surprised if you start to view it as the "right way" rather than the reverse.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just don't try to use the WLF for action scenes!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    someone on here said a few weeks back that they were having a tough time until they thought about "dragging the subject into the frame" as opposed to moving the frame to the subject. i tried thinking about it like that and it's been easier. i haven't done a TON of WLF shooting, but i've done a fair amount on my TLRs and most recently a few rolls with my F and 105/2.5 with the WLF

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the tips Sounds like more practice is in order. I use a lot of thirds in my images ( or at least tend to) which may explain why I think the images are weird as my subject may be in the right third whereas I wanted them in the left third. However it seems to work out in the end somehow. Maybe I'm just over thinking it by trying to compose normally with my eyes then trying to redo it reversed in the wlf.

Action may be what I have to shoot! Doh! Guess a lot more practice is in order

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin