Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,325   Online: 1226

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: why no Konica?

Shooter
    35mm
    I tried to make a posting but got an error message that I was not authorized to do so. I was insructed to refresh the page, log out and then log in again. I don't know if I got "timed out" or if I need to be a paid member to make postings now. In the future I will do what I do with photo.net. I will compose the posting in WORD and then transfer it. Without doing it that way anything composed is just as easily lost.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can always send your Konicas to Greg Weber (mentioned all over camera forums on the web). He does meter conversions so you can use more common battery types, as well as other kinds of repairs. He worked on my Konica Autoreflex T3 recently.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    To distinguish it from the other SLRs, it had shutter priority auto exposure. As I understand it, this is the first SLR with autoexposure. Canon introduced a shutter priority SLR in October 1969 with the EXEE but that had a dedicated screw mount with only interchangeable front lens element. The Pentax ES aperture priority SLR didn't get released until 1971.

The other cool thing with the Konica Autoreflex T's shutter priority auto exposure is that it works with all shutter speeds when batteries are dead. Until the release of the Nikon FM3A in 2001, all autoexposure cameras of the aperture priority type, had limited shutter speeds available when batteries are dead.
    Both Konica and Miranda's EE had shutter prority, Miranda's had interchangalbe viewfinders but not screens. At the time Miranda was more expensive than Konica and Konica had a full range of lens. In the same time frame Kowa and Petre also offered EE SLRs.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Konica were the first to produce an autofocus camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    Funny this tread came up now. I was just gifted a non-working Konica FT-1 with 28 f3.5 Hexar and 50 f1.4 Hexanon lenses. I fixed the problem with a bit of sheet brass and now the camera operates within nominal limits. Guess I should pop in a roll of film.
    The F1.4 lens is very good, the Hexar in theory shouldn't be as good as it's predecessor the Hexanon 28mm f3.5 (a very good lens), as Konica started to produce cameras and lenses the cheapest way and sorta went down the pan as they couldn't compete with the big names.

Shooter
    35mm
    I use both T3 and TC, have two bodies of each. Only one of the four has an accurate meter - a TC. I really do like the T3, a lovely winder. The TC has a loud shutter and somewhat dim finder. T3 is better. I use the 135 f3.2 a fair bit and it is just lovely. Not terribly keen on the 28mm, the most common lens it seems. I find it very hard to use the 21mm f4 on the TC - cant read the display in the viewfinder. Better on the T3. Actually, the T3 is rather good. Definitely keep using it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Konica made some very high end Rangefinders, each and everyone made like a Rolex Tank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0327 rs.jpg   IMG_0326 rs.jpg   IMG_0328 rs.jpg   IMG_0330 rs.jpg   Konica I A400P 110 rod 8.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    A few more images made with the Konicas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails K III Scar Fair 7.jpg   K III Scar Fair 8.jpg   K IIIA Scar Fair 5.jpg   Konica I Air show 2.jpg   Konica I Air show 6.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a Koni-Omegaflax M until it was lost in a house fire c. 2004-5. The only 6x7 TLR that I know of and also the criterium that I personally use to rate the chops of reviewers who often state that the Mamiyas are the only interchangable lens TLR. Strictly speaking the Omegaflex was not a "flex" (the finder was straight through, though a reflex accessory finder was available.) I REALLY loved the eye-level chimney finder and the Hexanons, especially the 58 and 135. With the 58 I shot the original PRR GG-1 locomotive hand-held at 1/30s with the 58 wide open at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania. The National Engineering Landmark plaque (the size of an historical marker) was easily readable when the slide was projected.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hicks View Post
    Konica made some very high end Rangefinders, each and everyone made like a Rolex Tank.
    Beautiful collection!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin