Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,537   Online: 953

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: why no Konica?

Shooter
    35mm
    I am a big fan of Konica SLR cameras and have a FT-1, 2 T4s,a T3 and T3n along with a dozen or so lenses. The one T4 was like new and has had the battery conversion done on it. I also have Konca III RF. I have recently started buying up their P&S cameras and got a NIB Zup 150 for $10.50. A Ln A4 just arrived from France that takes very sharp photos a sleek black beauty.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Why indeed ?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8577524394_d2f6ca1421.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Konica was the the perfect example like Miranda of an example of the old addage that you can make the best the best product in the World, but if it doesn't sell it's nothing.
    Ben

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Konica was the the perfect example like Miranda of an example of the old addage that you can make the best the best product in the World, but if it doesn't sell it's nothing.
    I have both Miranda and Konica gear as well as Pentax M and K and I used Nikon, F, F2, F3 for years. Although both Konica and Miranda had good glass, Konica made some of the best lens of the day, each had flaws. Miranda had a very limited lens line up, for the EE only a 25 to 200 and a non EE 300, the 400mm made by Soilgrar and other third party lens makers used a 44mm internal thread mount and did not couple to the meter at all. Compared to Minolta and Pentax, Miranda’s were also expensive. I bought a Konica T in the late 60s with a 50mm 1.2 lens, best 50ish 35mm I ever owned. I have the Konica 1.4, 1.7, and 1.9 all are great lens. But I needed a motor drive and moved to a Nikon F. Later Konica’s, T 4 and FS ect had slow winders without rewind. Miranda never made a motor drive. It seems that the Dx had the contacts for a drive or winder but the company filed before coming out with a winder. The puzzler to me has always been Minolta, they competed with Nikon and Cannon without a full system camera until the XK which had its own flaws.

Shooter
    35mm
    On the subject of the T series, does anyone know of a UK service to give my T3n a CLA? I've also got a T3 in great condition, built like tanks, almost a kilo in weight but fantastic mechanical cameras, I love them and want a working pair.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you can handle the shipping charges then send it to Greg Weber at 2022 East 7th Street Fremont, NE 68025 402-721-3873 gweber@webercamera.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the link, I'll have a gander but it's probably more than I'll willingly pay in the event that a good one will surface nearer here for the cost.
    But I appreciate your effort.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a TC in for a refurbish at Black On White in Bristol, so I'll report back in due course if you like.

The Konicas aren't overly sophisticated so most of the "usual suspects" like Newton Ellis etc. should be able to manage them

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm an old Konica user with an embarrassing amount of accumulations. I happened to be looking at some old shots the other night and was reminded of the crisp glass they made. This is with a 57mm ƒ1.2 and I don't Know how well this scan will downsize but here's one that showed every thread in his jeans on the 8X10 print.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mg600.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	781.1 KB 
ID:	66703
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Oooo --- a Guzzi. Nice bike, even if it is descended from a tractor! Nice photo of a nice bike!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin