Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,882   Posts: 1,520,515   Online: 811

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    I have the new 12-24mm and like it a lot but it's an unusual lens (mostly used for digi anyway). Good Sigmas are very good. Did you check photodo etc?
    I was thinking about getting this lens, does it really cover full frame on a 35mm? and have you noticed how the sharpness is into the corners?

Thanks for any info.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    http://194.100.88.243/petteri/pont/R..._f4.5-5.6.html

As I said, I like it fine & usually use it very tight in lower light (~f/5.6 or f/8) or outdoors at f/11 or above. Corners look good though of course they are stretched by the simple fact of the short focal length

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a newer (2 years?) 28-135mm macro zoom that I find is quite sharp with no (that I can see) distortion. It does have a tendency to zoom when pointing down. Almost extreme vinigetting (sp?) when in the 28-35mm range on my Nikon F-401x.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have two Sigmas:

The 28-105 is ok and a great normal zoom for your first SLR or as a spare lens. But it is not a suberb performer, but I have taken some great photos with it (see my gallery).
    I am about to trade it in for a Sigma 28 mm f/1.8 and a Canon 85 mm f/1.8 (I have Canon 50 mm already som these three will do for me in these focal lenghts).

The 70-300 is a very great tele zoom lens, and the APO makes the quality high with superb sharpness.

Morten

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    I was thinking about getting this lens, does it really cover full frame on a 35mm? and have you noticed how the sharpness is into the corners?

Thanks for any info.

Dave
    What about the 17-35? It is quite sharp.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a 17-35 and I'm quite happy with it. Seems to be quite sharp corner to corner but I haven't really tested it with a loupe and fine grained film.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Both my "extreme" lenses(widest angle and longest telephoto) are Sigmas:17-35 mm and 175-500mm
    Both are excellent-however,Sigma have made some very average lenses too.
    A common mistake people made when designing something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Computers are incredibly stupid,but they are capable of being incredibly stupid many millions of times a second.

Both said by Doug Adams

Only put off until tomorrow that which you are prepared to die having not done-Pablo Picasso

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems to me the concensus is that Sigma had a reputation for poor build but may have rectified that in recent years and that many prefer their wider lenses to their longer lenses...

Bjorke, I did have a look at photodo but there wasn't much information I could make head or tail of! (well, nothing much in plain english anyway!)

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin