Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,212   Online: 844

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sangetsu View Post
    .....The FE will mount all Nikon F lenses, which is something the far more expensive FM2 and FM3A can't do. ......
    Not true. It is a good medium price camera, but will not mount all Nikon lenses. Some lenses require mirror lock up and only a few of the pro Nikon bodies have this feature.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Not true. It is a good medium price camera, but will not mount all Nikon lenses. Some lenses require mirror lock up and only a few of the pro Nikon bodies have this feature.
    Hes referring to the flip up meter coupling tab.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sangetsu View Post
    The FE features a match needle meter, which is more precise than the LED meters in other cameras. The meter in the FE reads off the film, so if you are using the camera in auto mode, you will always get a perfect exposure, even when shooting at stars..
    How can the meter in the FE is more accurate than the FM? If the meter of either is out of calibration then they are off but generally the FM with the LED indicate exposure within 1/5 stop I don't think you can match the needles that well.
    The meter for the FE doesn't read off the film. The photocell is in the viewfinder and and a hold circuit hold the meter reading when the mirror goes up. None of the Nikon does off the film metering (except for TTL flash in which case the FE doesn't support) it's just not the Nikon way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    How can the meter in the FE is more accurate than the FM? If the meter of either is out of calibration then they are off but generally the FM with the LED indicate exposure within 1/5 stop I don't think you can match the needles that well.
    How does the FM measure 1/5 stop? How does that work with the 3 LEDs? I have a FM2n and a FE and I would have thought the FE was easier to meter small deviations.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    How does the FM measure 1/5 stop? How does that work with the 3 LEDs? I have a FM2n and a FE and I would have thought the FE was easier to meter small deviations.
    Well it's explained on page 22 of the instruction manual. The chart said.

1. When the + led only lit then over exposure by more than 1 stop.
    2. When the + and 0 leds are both lit then it's over exposure from 1/5 to 1 stop.
    3. When only the 0 led is lit then the exposure is within +/- 1/5 stop
    4. When the - and 0 led are lit then it's underexposure by 1/5 to 1 stop
    5 When only the - led is lit then underexposure by more than 1 stop.

That's how. It's resolve to 1/5 stop but only at the 0 point. So one can't say the FE is more accurate, It's more convienient with the FE I agree.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Alls I know is that that my FE has never given me the wrong exposure. It simply boggles my mind. I even shot it with Velvia at 40 and no problem. There's a very difficult, cave like building that we set it up on a tripod, I light metered for my large format camera and came to about 2.5 minutes, set the FE on there, and it exposed for 3 minutes. Compared side by side, the FE was better than I.
    K.S. Klain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin