Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,641   Online: 1124

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accura lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Accura lens.

When I got my H1a, there was a 35/2.8 "Accura Wide-Angle" lens screwed to the body in lieu of a body cap. It's a T-mount, preset aperture.
    It looks halfway decently made, but there's no black paint on the interior(!), just shiny anodised aluminium. The friend who sold the camera considered it worthless as a lens.

Anyone out there have any experience with these? Looking around the 'net, it seems to have been made by Sigma. I haven't found any firsthand reports of how they are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow. I guess I have a super rare lens. I'll take a few frames with it and see what I get, now that I have the camera functioning.

Shooter
    35mm
    That is the best way to evaluate any lens. Just use it to take the kind of pictures you usually take and see if you like it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    That is the best way to evaluate any lens. Just use it to take the kind of pictures you usually take and see if you like it.
    Yep, that's what I'll do. The fact that I found virtually no info. on it piqued my curiosity, hence this thread. Maybe I'll do some as-is pics, then black out all the shiny internal stuff and try again.

Shooter
    35mm
    From the late 50's to the early/mid 70's there were a slug of these preset lenses on the market. For a while, throughout the 80's and 90's you could pick them up for a song at photo flea markets. Now for some odd reason they seem to have mostly dried up. A few, like the Vivitar 85mm f1.8 sometimes go for higher prices than a camera makers lens of the same focal length. Go figure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    E, types who are fascinated by third tier lenses for 35 mm cameras hang out at http://www.mflenses.com/ Ask your question there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    E, types who are fascinated by third tier lenses for 35 mm cameras hang out at http://www.mflenses.com/ Ask your question there.
    Thank you Dan. This might be fourth or fifth tier, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, those characters sometimes go deeper than the bottom of the barrel at times. They're thrilled by dirt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Well, those characters sometimes go deeper than the bottom of the barrel at times. They're thrilled by dirt.
    I have to confess, I have a not-utterly-healthy fascination with this lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    Accura is like soligor - lots of different companies supplied them with lenses, so you never know what you might end up with quality wise. Post a picture of it if you can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin