Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,191   Online: 950

Shooter
    35mm

Yashica FX-3 super 2000 and FX-d:the shutter...

Hi friends!
    could you tell me if the shutter of these two camaras is the same?
    Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    both are black and both make the exposure. so yes they are the same!

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Camerapedia.org states both to be different: mechanical vs. quartz controlled.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Yashica FX-3, FX-3 Super and FX-3 Super 2000 all have the same mechanical shutter, with the later one going all the way to 1/2000 sec.

The FX-D and Contax 139 have nearly identical shutters but they are electronically controlled. I suspect some of the mechanical parts are the same as the FX-3. I know that the mechanical mirror box mechanism is the same or similar on all 5 cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry to revive a slightly old thread but I have a similar question about the FX-3 and FX-D. I have an opportunity to pick up one of each cheaply (off the big auction site), both described as parts cameras. I could use the FX-3 parts regardless, as I have another FX-3. It seems that the FX-D just needs a new pressure plate, and I'm wondering if this part is the same on both cameras. The FX-3 in question does have a pressure plate but has other issues. I might be able to make one working FX-D out of them. So, does anybody know if the FX-3 pressure plate will fit the FX-D?

EDIT: I was going to respond to the comment below, but I have cameras to work on.
    Last edited by rthomas; 05-04-2013 at 01:00 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: oy vey

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear rthomas,

About 10 years ago I purchased a parts camera to fix up my original FX-2. It turned out that the one I bought for parts was in better shape so I used the parts from my old camera instead. I then realized that I could have purchased a much better working model (there are plenty of cameras out there that have been gently used) and bought two of them.

My point is, don't bother fixing them unless it is a hobby you enjoy. (Sorry it took so long to actually make my point.<g>)

It occurs to me that I'd better go work those shutters again!

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    don't bother fixing them unless it is a hobby you enjoy.
    Are there any people posting to this forum that don't enjoy the hobby?

I might be able to make one working FX-D out of them
    If the price is right, I'd try it and see. Here is some additional info on fixing these cameras.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/9...nical-slr.html

Shooter
    35mm
    An FX-D is now a $15-20 camera in working condition
    The pressure plates appear to be different
    The FX-D is quartz timed, electronic shutter
    the FX-3 is mechanical

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin