Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,775   Posts: 1,516,663   Online: 1132

Shooter
    35mm

Please very important:congenital problem in the yashica FX-3 super 2000

Hola amigos! I need that you show all your knowledge and experience about the Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 that everyone knows made by Cosina (unfortunately!!!)-
    I would like that someone explaine me why in all yashica Fx-3 super 2000 that I owned sooner or later, the lever that we use to snap (I'm sorry but I don't know the tecnical name of this part!)breaks:moving the lever you can feel it super loose and it does not move any gear inside camera!...I don't speak well English so I can't explain very well the problem...but I hope your experience and your insigh help you more than my complicated words!...
    A friend of mine had the same problem with the same yashica!!!
    I need this body(that I don't love particulary)only in order to use some precious Zeiss glasses!
    But then another strange thing happened some days ago:moving and moving again,pitching up and down with the force (I thought the camera was broken completely so any respect for this camera!) ... suddenly lever has returned to work well ... but I don't know if i can trust it or not ... I wrote explaining the problem in an italian forum (photo4u) , a guy told me this was a typical problem of FX-3: some little teeth of this lever breaks and the camera stops working.I repeat: it is very rare that now it works again.I don't know if trust it continuing to use it normally.Because they say that it is a congenital problem (so it's a thing that happened to many people, I was hoping that someone would give me some advice: how repair it and what should I expect (Does itl break again?)....

The weirdest thing is that this camera stops working alone and then alone and magically it returns to the life working perfectly!!!

Please...do you help me!
    Ciao

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess you refer to the "film transport lever".
    Last edited by AgX; 02-08-2013 at 05:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Yashica FX-3 models were extremely cheap cameras and if you open one you'll see why.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks,but at least explaine to me what it's happening with this camera,please!
    Do you know this congenital problem of this camera?
    ciao

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The FX-3 cameras are very well built and designed and easy to work on. If you open it up you will see. I have not encountered the problem you mention. On thought is that the screw for the 'snap' lever is loose. There are two screws holding the plastic lever in place you can see from below. With the plastic lever off you can see the screw. In is REVERSE THREADED so you turn it the opposite way to tighten it.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/9...nical-slr.html

Shooter
    35mm
    I purchased one of the first Yashica FX3 Super2000 and didn't have the problem you mention. I bought a second FX3 Super2000 many years later and I did have this problem. I think as the years went by the manufacturer cut corners and the quality went down hill.

Shooter
    35mm
    Cameras don't have genes.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin