Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,658   Online: 1033

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What a find!

Shooter
    35mm
    So of course, getting a great deal isn't enough for me. Now I'm scouring ebay looking for lenses and all sorts of other goodies... I've already gotten a BC-5 flash gun and I'm starting to look at picking up a 5cm f/1.4 (or possibly the voigtlander 5cm f/1.5, depending on price and such) and a 13.5cm f/3.5.

Overall, the thing is pure joy to shoot with. I find myself picking it up just to handle it and examine it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncc View Post
    So of course, getting a great deal isn't enough for me. Now I'm scouring ebay looking for lenses and all sorts of other goodies...
    I find that to be perfectly acceptable and expected behavior! It's really a joy to think about the age of an "antique" camera, wonder what sort of things have been seen through its viewfinder, how many thousands of images it may have made... and still be using it vs. having another knick-knack on display. (I am the same way about old guitars... two very dangerous interests to have!)

Isn't it odd though - for years, running around with an old metal SLR would lead people to say "He must be really broke! Digital is so cheap now!" Or "Can't you afford a smart phone?"

It's swung around now, to where an old-school camera is getting a "coolness" factor. And don't Fuji and Leica make digitals that have some of a classic rangefinder look?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ive never reallypaid attention to the nikon rangefinders. I just looked at the sale prices and they are all ove the place. Is the SP a good model?
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    SP is great, so good that Nikon did a limited run in 2000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The SP was Nikon's best and last RF. Its a $1000us camera easily. I always lusted for one but the closest I ever got was an S, which was pretty damn nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where is my pitchfork!?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thats it... wheres the tar and feathers ???

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi cajuncc,
    Blind those pitchfork and tar & feathers guys with some images of your great find and they'll turn on each other ;-)
    And let us other folks drool some more on our keyboards over your first images as well .....
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    Back in the late 70's and early 80's you could get Nikon RF for less than $200 with lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Back in the late 70's and early 80's you could get Nikon RF for less than $200 with lenses.
    Statements like this make me tired.

Back in the late 70s you could buy a new car for $4,000 or so. So that $200 now equals about $800 - $1000 in buying power.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin