Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,874   Online: 1078

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What a find!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Statements like this make me tired.

Back in the late 70s you could buy a new car for $4,000 or so. So that $200 now equals about $800 - $1000 in buying power.
    Back in the 1800s you could visit William Henry Fox Talbot and John Frederick William Herschel and get some good Cyanotype tips first hand.
    And play with Oscar Barnack as a child.

(Sorry, couldn't resit, won't happen again...)
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Back in the 1800s you could visit William Henry Fox Talbot and John Frederick William Herschel and get some good Cyanotype tips first hand.
    And play with Oscar Barnack as a child.

(Sorry, couldn't resit, won't happen again...)
    Or talk to the guy who designed the Dagor... Oh wait...nevermind.

Actually your statement isn't annoying at all. What bugs me about statements such as the one I quoted is they take no account of reality (in the form of inflation). How hard was it to come by that $200 in 1979?
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 03-16-2013 at 11:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Facts and rational thinking can stop certain things but online whining isn't one of them.
    I am sure that 40 years from now people will complain how good and easy we had it in early 2000s.
    So, without further ado:
    To them, right now, I say BOOOOYAAAAAAAAAA MWAHAHAHA TOUGH LUCK

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Statements like this make me tired.

Back in the late 70s you could buy a new car for $4,000 or so. So that $200 now equals about $800 - $1000 in buying power.

Yep in $200 in 1976 money = $795.66 in todays money. Conversely speaking $48.51 in 1976 money = $200 in todays purchasing power. So that Nikon SP was not really all that cheap. Plus I remember spending what amounted to a whole months pay on a Nikon F2AS when I was in the Army. Back when I could have bought the then brand new F3HP for less money.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M Carter View Post
    Unless I can find a Voigtlander Vitomatic... now that's a beautiful camera and I love the size.
    I found the Vitomatic II for 30 Euros in Regensburg. they seem to go for pretty reasonable prices around here. I love the II, havne't tried the I, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Vitomatic II is my go-to rangefinder - I paid less than £20 for mine which seems to be about the normal price in the UK. I have had two Vitomatic I s and both quickly developed jammed shutters - the Vitomatic I is not a rangefinder, mind.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin