Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,095   Online: 879

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    Leave it to the Italians to know exactly how much red.

s-a
    Ha, yeah. But if anyone wants my opinion, the Nikon F3 is the most aesthetically pleasing 35mm SLR (this does not mean it's my favorite to use; far from it). And I've loved all of Giugiaro's camera designs except for the two most recent (I was surprised to learn he designed the D4 and D800).

Oh, he also designed the DeLorean. It's a crap vehicle to be sure, but it is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    And whomever designed the Rolleiflex.
    Wasn't it Reinhold Heidecke?

I'd add Porsche Design Group for the Contax RTS, and another vote for Maitani for Olympus plus Heidecke (and Franke) for the Rolleiflex. Just my opinion.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post
    Ha, yeah. But if anyone wants my opinion, the Nikon F3 is the most aesthetically pleasing 35mm SLR (this does not mean it's my favorite to use; far from it). And I've loved all of Giugiaro's camera designs except for the two most recent (I was surprised to learn he designed the D4 and D800).

Oh, he also designed the DeLorean. It's a crap vehicle to be sure, but it is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.
    When I saw where/how the MD4 stored the motor drive connector cover cap I thought 'damn, these guys are firing on all cylinders with this one.'

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd argue that Yusaka Kamekura and the design team behind the Nikon F were easily the most influential. If we are talking about how cameras look today, what about Luigi Colani who designed the T90- isn't every camera with the 'curved' look somewhat derivative?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Not many people know that the Wrayflex was the first camera designed by an all female team: it was a piece of crap, which is why not many people have heard of it

Shooter
    35mm
    I too love Giorgetto design, especially Nikon F4. But I don't think he designed the camera's internal so is different than Barnack.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MFstooges View Post
    I too love Giorgetto design, especially Nikon F4. But I don't think he designed the camera's internal so is different than Barnack.
    True. "Camera designer" is a broad term.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The original Contax RTS was Porsche designed like Jeff L said. I owned the 139 which was the most ergonomically designed camera of it's day in my opinion. A good friend of mine bought the new Nikon FE2 which felt clunky in my hands.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    You joke. I know you know the Rolleiflex is 120/ 6x6. Barnack was one of the first 35mm designers. The designer of the Ihagee Kine Prakitca is in the running too. Modern cameras are still based on his design.

I have a Leica IIIc (1942) and have been using it as my primary camera.

Kent in SD
    Seem to be forgetting that Rollei also sold the SL35 cameras and had the SL2000 and 3003 cameras which looked like miniature medium format SLR's... :-P

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Merritt View Post
    Don't forget Maitani (Olympus OM, XA). Or Heinz Waaske (Rollei 35).
    Waaske also designed the Edixa Reflex, the first SLR that laid out what an SLR looks like. It was designed in part by one of the engineers responsible for the Exakta too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin