Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,084   Online: 980

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Arca Swiss L brackets for Nikon F cameras

Are there any compatible L brackets for any of the Nikon F cameras?

So I ordered a sunywayfoto universal bracket for my Nikon F without too much thought. Well it fit fine, but then I realized that I can't change the film!

Then I thought, well, maybe I can just get an F3 but then I thought that the bracket might intefere with the swinging back.

So my question is:

Anyone use an L bracket for any of their Nikon F's? outside of the F6 and the collector cameras (titanium F3) most nikon's are not too expensive so I do not mind getting a new body just to use an L bracket.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Just checked Really Right Stuff's website to see if they make an L bracket, but they do not. Looks like a custom bracket will have to be made.

They do make them for FM2's, F100, F4, F5, and N series bodies.

http://reallyrightstuff.com/Items.as...yNikon&key=cat
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    See RRS's Multi Camera L-Plate and schematic for precise dimensions to determine fit.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    One probably would work on a motor driven F. You'd have to find a way to operate the open/close key, but it'd work.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've spent plenty of time using F's with L brackets, to change film, you take the camera off. A bit of a PITA, but not a big deal really.

The alternative would be to use a shoe mount flash (assuming you're using a flash on the bracket).
    There is really no other way aside from the motor suggestion to get something that's compatible.

Think of it as a "feature"
    Last edited by bdial; 02-19-2013 at 06:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh and to be clear, I'm talking about an arca swiss L bracket for placing the camera in portrait/landscape orientation on the tripod. Nothing to do with flash.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems that the F5 would be the easiest solution because they are less rare but the most inconvinient for me because I have non ai glass, argh. I can probably measure the dimensions of the universal but user experience will be easier because I may not think of the small incompatibilities.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin