Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,189   Online: 867
      
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Aspen View Post
    Thanks for the instructions! I do use the O rings when necessary.
    You're very welcome. Pass it on, I dislike seeing folks ripped of on those Wien cells.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Allentown PA area
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    You're very welcome. Pass it on, I dislike seeing folks ripped of on those Wien cells.
    My Konica Autoreflex TC uses 2 batteries, Stacking them blocked the air holes and I didn't get a current. I ended up buying 2 adapters so I can use the hearing aid cells. All the adapter is, is a cleaned out alkaline px13, which leaves a hole for the hearing aid cell. It works very well in my Konica. Why did I buy the adapter? Because I don't want to mess with the chemicals in the battery, it was worth it to me to buy them already cleaned out.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    Do you use a lens cap? As I recall, the meter is always on.
    The meter is only on in auto exposure mode, so moving the aperture ring off the "A" setting should turn it off. At least I think so. I always do this when not using the camera.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by nwilkins View Post
    The meter is only on in auto exposure mode, so moving the aperture ring off the "A" setting should turn it off. At least I think so. I always do this when not using the camera.
    This is correct.

    This is where I think mine may have a problem, as the battery appears to be draining in mine regardless of being on "A" or not, capped or not.

  5. #25
    darinwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,050
    Images
    157
    OK, after using a light bulb to compare my QL17's meter to another QL17, four other SLR's, and five meters.. I am confused.
    I will try again during daylight when I can use a grey card.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    My Konica Autoreflex TC uses 2 batteries, Stacking them blocked the air holes and I didn't get a current. I ended up buying 2 adapters so I can use the hearing aid cells. All the adapter is, is a cleaned out alkaline px13, which leaves a hole for the hearing aid cell. It works very well in my Konica. Why did I buy the adapter? Because I don't want to mess with the chemicals in the battery, it was worth it to me to buy them already cleaned out.
    The hearing aid cells are slightly thinner than the PX13. In some battery compartments, they don't make contact when stacked. I use them in my Gossen LunaSix and Nikon FtN meter prism, with 3 of the four holes blocked as described above.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    OK, after using a light bulb to compare my QL17's meter to another QL17, four other SLR's, and five meters.. I am confused.
    I will try again during daylight when I can use a grey card.
    Use an evenly illuminated wall. If you use a grey card, be sure the meters and camera are close enough that you are metering off the grey card and nothing else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin