Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,949   Posts: 1,585,932   Online: 1010

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

F100 film alignment

I have a frame alignment problem on my F100. On every roll (just started), there are many frames that overlap. Is there something I can do, or is this a precurser to the repair shop (or replacement).
    Get it right in the camera, the first time... My flickr
    Peter Carter

Shooter
    35mm
    It probably isn't a replacement just a full service. Like vehicles, they do need a bit of care now and again. It is possible that the film leader is sliding over the teeth on the sprocket and it may be something simple like a spring needing tension or replacing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are any of the sproket holes damaged? If they ae then the film is slipping over the sproket teeth.

If not then it's a worn gear, and a repair shop job - IF parts can still be found!
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Repair for sure. As for parts, Nikon Canada had parts for a F5 and also for a F3 as of last year. The F100 should not be a problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder what Nikon would charge? No knobs missing, so it must be in internal thing.
    Peter Carter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrred View Post
    I wonder what Nikon would charge? No knobs missing, so it must be in internal thing.
    If the camera was purchased in Canada, the repairs are usually pretty reasonable. Gray market cameras will be a bit more expensive. You can send it in and they will look at it and quote you before they do any repairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The problem with Nikon is there is a minimum charge, which I do not know what it is. When I brought my F6 to them, about a year ago, they walked away with $450 of my cash and didn't state what that minimum was. That job was worth it, as replacing it was double or triple that price. The issue I have is the F100 is really only worth about $250 to replace and I already have a parts bin on my shelf.
    Peter Carter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you dont want to drop too much, the n90s could be another idea, its much cheaper than the f100 and is pretty close feature wise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    If you dont want to drop too much, the n90s could be another idea, its much cheaper than the f100 and is pretty close feature wise.
    I would agree with this. I have, like and use both. I "think" their min charge is $200 for repairs. I have an F100 with the tab on the aperture ring broken. The est. was $200 to replace. Picked up a replacement F100 here recently from a member in better shape with many extras.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, just bought one from a freind that is a pro. I guess problem solved.
    Peter Carter

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin