Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,630   Online: 968

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I own 2 olympus 35mm slrs.

The OM1 and the OM2n. And I love them. Along with the zuiko lenses, it fits really well with how i use it. Add in the robust built and sexy design, you cant go wrong.

What I would like to have, an OM4Ti. I dunno why but it calls me everytime I come across it in shops. One day perhaps.

Another would be the Nikon FM2 or FE and perhaps a Contax 139.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by schewct View Post
    I would take the Canon New F1.
    +1, I like them so much I have three of them, Iv'e owned Nikon F's F2's and F3s, but to me it's the ultimate manual focus professional S.L.R.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    My current favorites (and they do change all the time) include:

Minolta SRT-101
    Nikkormat FTn
    Fujica ST 801
    Konica T3

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by schewct View Post
    I would take the Canon New F1.
    I have an old F-1, a great camera.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    The best 35mm design / favorite?? It has to be the Nikon F4. The F4 works with all F mount lenses Nikon has made from 1959 to today with a few limitations on the pre-AI and G lenses. It has a great grip and a very rugged build. I have the MB-20 and MB-21 grips so I can go small or I can go big with a vertical grip and 6 fps. It takes AA batteries that can be bought just about anywhere. Nice big viewfinder with lots of focus screen options. Matrix, center weighted, and spot metering. P,A,S, & M modes with a an extra P mode that keeps shutter speed high. All manual controls with dials and buttons, no menu settings that require referencing a handbook to tell what you are setting. And in my opinion it's a great looking design. You can shoot program exposure mode and autofocus or switch just as easily to manual focus and manual exposure with out incurring a disadvantage because the auto functionality exists on the camera.

F100 and F6 are contenders here and more advanced, but to me if you take into account the ability to shoot pre-AI lenses unmodified and the whole menu thing from the F100........ I've never shot an F6 so I can't compare but I know it uses a non-standard type battery and can't shoot pre-Ai without modification. They have the control wheels too and I prefer the dial controls on the F4. I have to say overall the F4 wins it for me.
    Last edited by Lamar; 06-04-2013 at 12:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You wouldn't think so, but this is a very easy camera to use. It is heavy and somewhat large, but the design is excellent. Because of the location of the shutter release, it is easy to take a portrait with it, although it does take a few extra moments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    You wouldn't think so, but this is a very easy camera to use. It is heavy and somewhat large, but the design is excellent. Because of the location of the shutter release, it is easy to take a portrait with it, although it does take a few extra moments.

That is great I love those TLRs!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have three favourites all of which I no longer have:

Nikon F no metering but just felt like a real camera
    Olympus OM4Ti best metering of any camera I have owned
    Contax 159MM I loved the feel of this camera in use

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon N2000. Cheap & ugly, but with a useful, easy-to-read meter display, built-in winder, and it takes 4 AAAs. Took me 8 yrs to wear a used one out, so I bought another used one(shooting 100 rolls/yr).

Shooter
    35mm
    F100 and/or FE. Both are superb for what I need. Although my Miranda F is a very fun, very predictable, stable workhorse that has taken its beatings and keeps on tuckin.

But I do think that my all time favorite camera across all formats, brands, types and styles has to be the loaded one in my hand at the moment I want it.

-X

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin