Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,952   Online: 786

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    For what I find myself doing I love the Ricoh GR1V, and the best part it's always with me when a photo needs to be taken. Sharp lens, great AE, manual features. Second place in the point and shoot realm easily goes to the olympus infinity stylus. I learned on the nikon FG and then found myself with a nikon N90s which I seldom find myself using though I should get into the habit of using it more.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's a beast but I've become rather attached to my Nikon F5. What a wonderful piece of work it is. When used the precision becomes apparent and while very technically sophisticated it can still be operated manually and access to the large amount of Nikon F mount lenses is a huge plus. Besides it makes a great personal defense weapon should the need arise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinCrabtree View Post
    It's a beast but I've become rather attached to my Nikon F5. What a wonderful piece of work it is. When used the precision becomes apparent and while very technically sophisticated it can still be operated manually and access to the large amount of Nikon F mount lenses is a huge plus. Besides it makes a great personal defense weapon should the need arise.
    +1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon A-1. I've had one since 1981.

Also enjoy the Canon élan 7e. Am I the only one who likes the eye control function?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I rarely use 35mm but my favorite is my Nikon FM2. Simple, compact, unimposing clean lines and accepts a wide variety of Nikon lenses. My first slr was a Voigtlander Bessamatic that I bought in a pawn shop with two lenses in 1963 for $50. all in mint condition. I should have kept it but sold it a few years later because of the need for a macro (1:1) lens capability.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    Canon A-1. I've had one since 1981.

Also enjoy the Canon élan 7e. Am I the only one who likes the eye control function?
    I too really like the eye control focus function - on both my 7e and IIe.

It is my understanding, however, that it doesn't work for everyone, and was thus a nightmare for retailers.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I too really like the eye control focus function - on both my 7e and IIe.

It is my understanding, however, that it doesn't work for everyone, and was thus a nightmare for retailers.
    That's very true Matt, I used to sell them and some customers just couldn't use them, I understand that in fact they were a development of the sight switches that helicopter gunship pilots used to aim and fire their guns in Vietnam.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I like how the 110's pocket's look.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hasselblad X-Pan (I wish I could afford to own one- shot some of my favorite pictures of all time with a borrowed copy).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My "modern" film camera is an EOS-3. I enjoy using it, the eye control focus works well for me. I also like the eye controlled DOF. The drawback is that ready to go, its a bit heavy. My best lenses are for this camera. For a light weight camera I enjoy using, probably my OM-1, there is something about this camera that keeps me fond of it. I recently picked up an FE2 which I'm finding I also like using. I find its metering system interesting to use. All will take images as good as the effort I choose to put into it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin