Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,353   Online: 1183

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Favourite 35mm camera is a Leica M3. The moment I held it in the shop, I knew I had to have it. The only reason I don't have it now is that I'm pretty much only shooting medium format now, and it was a lot of money to have in a camera I didn't use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are two thread on this subject running at the moment.
    Ben

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, one is about best 35mm camera design, the other about best 35mm camera designer...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You know, I think everyone who has ever been an productive photographer has answered this question for themselves. I know the answer for me and I forked over a few thousand for a 35mm system, then switched to another 35mm system when my needs changed (and useful technology advanced). The gravitas of the economics involved were huge for me, but my decision reaped profits and peace of mind in doing my job. I'll leave with this thought though: I met a women photographer (art world) that did wonderful, astounding personal work with a K1000 and 50mm f1.8 lens. In some respects her work put me in my place when it came to equipment envy. She didn't expose transparencies and need TTL flash, she didn't shoot long lens sports where a motor advance helped, she didn't photograph macro stuff, or elaborate 3 light set-ups as did I, but her black and white work is in my memory to this day, and she and I used the tool and invested in the tool that made sense for each of us at that time in our career.
    Last edited by vpwphoto; 02-20-2013 at 09:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My favorite? The Nikon F.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    F3 was nice design... but it's electronics were yucky and flash sync speed slower of the lesser Nikons.
    Canon F1n is a camera I regret not having still to fondle... I think is was smoother than a Leica and very well made... IMO better made the the Nikon F3 or F4.
    Nikonos V was a nice design and solid feel and sounds. Canon P had it in spades, and does the M3. and M6 and MP and that Hermes thing with orange leather. Hasselblad had it all in utility and looks... ( why did I stoop to this level... oh.. waiting on Lightroom to finish a batch._process)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These are my favorites not only for design but also for performance:

Nikon F2 titanium (once owned two)
    Olympus OM1 (never owned)
    Canon F1 (never owned)
    Leica MP-6 (never owned)
    Pentax Spotmatic (still own three)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/5616852552/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/5226987647/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pentax Spotmatic 04 sml.JPG   IMG_0714b sml.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Some lone living Japanese young people are the experts of Mangas and use them for their intellectual future. Some japanese families are crazy for to visit disney and take every donald duck costum wearing and burning in hot 45 celcius degrees poor peoples pictures with their childen..
    Their mission is to create a happy children , may be intellectual also ??? who knows ?

I bought my sister an Leica IIIf when she was 8 and she was selected to be studied at Harvard by Fulbright. ! Get a lesson.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon F100. Pretty much everything I'd ever want in an AF camera. MF probably a Leica M3 but I've never used one so I'll go with my Nikon FE.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For now:
    Nikon F4s
    Leica M4-2
    and if this counts: My Bronica SQ-B (normaly 6x6) with a 35 mm magazine ;-)
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin