Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,843   Online: 883

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    My first proper camera was a Spotmatic. Loved it, but...lusted after the Nikon F2 Photomic. Couldn't afford one.

Luckily now I've got a pair. F2AS & F2A. Spotmatic is long gone but not forgotten. Favourite has to be the F2A.
    i find I prefer the needle to the LED readout.

Still time and room for a decent spotty though...who knows...

Shooter
    35mm
    Canon 1v/HS. It's just perfect.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think the f2 would be the perfect 35mm camera if it has the same shutter speed dial off the fm fe series but in metal form.

The normal one is too small.

Without metered finder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If my Olympus XA had a brighter / higher contrast rangefinder, I might have to go with it for the shear fact that it's the 35mm camera that I've got no excuse not to carry. So I'm still looking for my perfect 35mm camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format

That's one thing I really like about (analog) photography: quality

Oh, man! Most all of them are so neatly designed, it's hard to decide. That's one thing I really like about (analog) photography: working with quality instruments, designed to serve and built with pride to last.

I've always liked the ergonomics vs. functionality of the >>Canon A1<<, and like many others, >>spotmatics<< and - my favorite camera overall, >>Nikkormat FTn<< (or is it Ftn, or FTN, PhD, pH, or something else?? - dang I'm getting old, I forget, and I don't care).

Oh yeah (looking above) - the XA, too. And, despite the failure rate, which is high, the Soviet Lomo LC-A (copy of a Cosina with very slight changes) is superb (before the shutter fails). I could take that around with me in the xUSSR in the early 1990s (before the 'lomographics', btw) and make great clandestine street photos with one hand (take from pocket, open, prefocus, shoot, close, return to pocket in a few seconds)...

I like the >>Linhof Color<<, too... And the <<Sinar P>> I just bought seems good, though it makes me want a >>Norma<<... I think I like the <<RB67>>, too - I find it very >>manly<<

Robert J. Liebermann
    photos: http://rjl.us/photo
    Eureka Alaska/Vermillion Michigan USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ive never used a sinar narma but it's a epicenter of craftmenship.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been very happy with my Contax 139. I'm somewhat certain that the RX and RTS are even more neat but for now supplementing the Contax System with a 'modern' (read: still current) SLR system is higher on my agenda then getting one of those

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, the 35 mm camera I find most fascinating is Rolleiflex 2002/3003. A daring unorthodox design with fanatical attention to detail and execution. Unfortunately it's not only expensive, but pretty rare as well so, I gather, trying to complement a kit from scratch today will prove both haemorrhaging and an exercise of frustration.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No other Minox35 (EL) amateurs here ? this is my prefered minimalist 35mm design, and the camera that was always in my pocket and thus, that shot most frequently. My brother had a Rollei35, but now broken whereas my minox still kicks. And the box is more streamlined thus easier to "slide" into or outof any pocket.

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    +1

+2!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin