Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,858   Online: 921

Shooter
    35mm

Alpa 10d in gold chrome: anyone know how many were made?

I'm liquidating and estate, and I've come across a Alpa 10d in gold chrome. Alpa's sales brochure lists the only options as black or chrome, so I assume the gold is a commemorative model. Does anyone know how many were made?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you mean this one? http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/Pig...-10d-Gold.html

Google is really good for this kind of thing. I searched "Alpa 10d gold" and bingo!

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, that's it. I, too, know how to Google. What I can't find is how many they made in gold, and whether it was a special commemorative edition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This book by Lothar Thewes is reputed to contain the production numbers. http://www.alpareflex.com/Bibliography.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Never ever encountered an Alpa out being used... although I have seen a couple beat to hell ones in stores.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I looked around on the web... there is a mention of "Alpa Gold" forgeries... having your boxes and papers will help the value.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin