Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,909   Posts: 1,584,668   Online: 861

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

suggest a reliable hand-held meter that uses modern batteries.

I am looking for a good reliable hand-held meter that uses modern batteries.
    Does not need to be fancy or have extra features.
    Just very reliable and accurate of course.

i would prefer something that is small, but does not need to be tiny.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm sure there are many, but I'll start it off with the Gossen LunaPro SBC, takes a 9 volt smoke alarm battery.

Roger

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My advise too. But it is anything but small.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Gossen Digisix

Edit: Look for the first version now that version 2 is released. It is more than good enough and might be found cheaper now.
    Last edited by Slixtiesix; 02-22-2013 at 06:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Gossen Digisix 2 combination incident and reflective meter available new at Adorama for $159.99. The meter takes a modern button cell 3V lithium CR 2032 battery.

If you want a spotmeter I would look at a use digital Pentax which takes a 4LR44 6V battery.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sekonic L-308. It's now on at least its fourth incarnation, as the L-308S. I have an original one which I've been stuffing into my pocket for more than ten years. Runs on a single AA battery, measures incident, reflected and flash. Just put mine on my postage scale - weighs all of 4 oz, with battery and strap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    L208 Sekonic. Mine's had the same CR2032 since I got it a couple years ago.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Those look good. I will keep start looking.

One thing I like about the sekonic studio delux is the lumisphere faces towards me instead of away from me. Is there an updated version of this meter that takes modern batteries?
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    why the fascination with batteries? I recently bought a sekonic studio deluxe III model L398A--- no batteries, supreme accuracy, incident or reflected, the dome swivels 180 degrees, is the size of a pack of cards and not much thicker.

and no batteries to replace. I bought this one because my old one, which was 40 years old, finally had so many broken pieces of the exterior from being dropped that i was worried dirt would hurt its accuracy, which never faltered.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    Those look good. I will keep start looking.

One thing I like about the sekonic studio delux is the lumisphere faces towards me instead of away from me. Is there an updated version of this meter that takes modern batteries?
    The Studio Deluxe (L398) does not need batteries of any kind. Its solar powered. The great thing is the batteries never go bad when you're out working; the bad is that it has poor low-light sensitivity. I regularly work in light too dim for it, which is why I use a Minolta Flash Meter VI. Uses AA battery, has both incident metering and one-degree spot, and works in pretty low light. Its not small though, none of the good professional quality meters are. Sekonic did make a few AA powered shirt-pocket size digital incident meters like the Digilite F but they're not made anymore.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin