Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,473   Online: 1119

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canon EOS 1V?

Shooter
    35mm
    I've made many beautiful images with my 40D and many that I am very happy with. For me it is the process that is soulless, the instant gratification if chimping, downloading onto a computer, photoshop... It all leaves me feeling unsatisfied compared to loading up a film and the surprise & anticipation when the roll is developed and you see the negative for the first time. Digital certainly has a place & I will keep my 40D for sure but it is not where my soul is.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    My first professional digital was the 40D, I rather think it's a fairly good camera as digitals go, but yes, it is still digital, the image is what you put into it, if you created something beautiful, there's a little soul in there...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Canon EOS 1V?

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
    I've made many beautiful images with my 40D and many that I am very happy with. For me it is the process that is soulless, the instant gratification if chimping, downloading onto a computer, photoshop... It all leaves me feeling unsatisfied compared to loading up a film and the surprise & anticipation when the roll is developed and you see the negative for the first time. Digital certainly has a place & I will keep my 40D for sure but it is not where my soul is.
    Ok fair enough, I can relate to that.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Loulou, I too can relate to how you feel with digital.

For me though, the icing on the cake is the analogue-to-digital and finally print, then mat and framing; it's not lacking soul, but a lot of highly refined technique that was first hatched way back in 1990. The 'transition process' is the beauty is in the finished image with very little necessary 'tweaking' by digital means and is a very, very valuable experience in this day and age where digital will eventually, at some indeterminate point of time in the future, replace film. I'm earnestly hoping that's no time soon — not in my lifetime at least, because I'm having too much fun with analogue to digital and the team I work with are bringing my images to beauty where they are shown on my walls. I would never ever go back to the all-analogue Ilfochrome Classic process — I would describe it as a callous waste of money with little wiggle room for even the most basic of improvements other than contrast masking.

I do not and never will store images on a computer or negatives/trannies stuffed in folders (nor post them to the web, other than what I specifically and necessarily choose to amongst close friends) never to see the light of day. I certainly hope you print and frame your images from the EOS 1V: it's not a beast to botch any job on its own.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    35mm
    I did it, I bought the 1V yesterday! The camera is in perfect condition and only had had 57 rolls of film through it so far. When I picked it up it just felt right and when I attached my favorite lens that I had brought with me it felt perfect in my hand. I'm really looking forward to getting to know the camera and hopefully together we can shoot some great photos.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Canon EOS 1V?

How do you know the roll count?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    The camera keeps a roll count, it also can record all the soothing info which can be downloaded to a computer. Each roll is imprinted with a number which you match up with the downloaded data. Pretty neat feature.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The camera keeps a roll count, it also can record all the soothing info which can be downloaded to a computer. Each roll is imprinted with a number which you match up with the downloaded data. Pretty neat feature.

Yes but the count can be reset as I recall, and only goes to 999 before "rolling back"

That cable is super hard to come by, I have both the cable AND a 1V and won't give up either

Oh and you need a computer running windows 95...

Shooter
    35mm
    The camera is in such an unused condition I believe the roll count, I also know the person I bought it from which helps! I have to find a cable, haven't even started to look for one yet. Is eBay the best place to look?

As for a Win 95 computer, I'm sure I can conjure myself up or one at least one that as a VM.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Canon EOS 1V?

The camera is in such an unused condition I believe the roll count, I also know the person I bought it from which helps! I have to find a cable, haven't even started to look for one yet. Is eBay the best place to look?

As for a Win 95 computer, I'm sure I can conjure myself up or one at least one that as a VM.
    Yea eBay, around $100-$200 roughly...

Good luck!

~Stone

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Canon EOS 1V?

Oh, ES-E1 is the cable name

~Stone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin