Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,960   Online: 882

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Handholds are an important thing. So are the placement of dials and buttons, screens, and DOF levers, displays and a myriad of other features that lure us. Thing is, while nice, the good photographers can take anything and make a hell of a picture with it no matter the brand or camera. It's an inside thing. My feeling right now is give it a month and see if we dip back into recession. Maybe there will be more deals.

Btw, my A1 with motor winder which gives me a vertical shutter button to boot is a large piece of real estate for a such a small stand alone camera. You could get off cheaper till you find what genre you like. Who knows, it could be LF.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Silly error in my previous post, right hand holds winder and releases shutter, left hand for focussing. That's what comes from looking at the combo. from the front - stupid or what!
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Swindles View Post
    With your range of lenses I would go for the OM-4Ti (UK model) as Ed suggested, but with a winder. This would give you a larger body and a good grip for your left hand, leaving your right hand free for the controls. If you decide to go down this route do be careful. In the UK the original OM-4 had battery problems. This was corrected with the introduction of the Ti model (UK) and I believe the T model in America, but do check out the US version as I have no firm knowledge of this. I use OM-2, 2N, and 4Ti bodies, the latter is without doubt, my favourite.
    Thanks Allan. OM-4Ti is definitely a great option to explore. Here in US the T model and I already own the winder, I just need the grip strap for extra comfort.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    If you have decent Zuiko lenses you may be better off with an OM4Ti, only slightly larger than a OM1 but streets ahead in use especially the metering which is superb.
    I'm not sure where anyone would get that impression, but the OM-1 and OM-4 bodies are identical in size. In fact, all OM bodies are the same size.

I have never owned a Leica SLR, but I would have thought Olympus V Leica is a bit like comparing a Ford with a Rolls Royce.
    Interesting observation, I don't know that I have seen Olympus equated with Rolls Royce before. But the comparison is not really correct. Olympus made much better cameras than Rolls Royce made cars.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin