Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,257   Online: 732

axs810

35mm DX coded reloadable cartridge (400ISO)

Where can I find some 35mm reloadable cartridges DX coded for 400 iso? I'm looking to bulk load some Kodak tri-x 400 in my Olympus stylus epic

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In case you would not find a dealer:

-) you could make them yourself by using strips of metalized adhesive tape. On the net you find the respective diagrams

-) alternatively you could scratch off the enamel from a metal cartridge

-) you could inquire at the manufacturer AP in Spain.
    Last edited by AgX; 02-28-2013 at 06:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    For those in the UK, Firstcall Photographic sells those. I know Freestyle has them in 100 ISO, but not in 400. You could also try to get hold of a pack of DX strips that do the same thing.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are two types of readymade labels: with fixed ISO-setting and as a kit to customize

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Too bad you are not up in the SF Bay Area, Keeble & Shuchat has some. I just picked up some 100-ISO cartridges, and the guy asked if I wanted any 400-ISO cartidges and pulled out a box of at least 24.

If you can't find any, call or email K&S.
    info@kspphoto.com
    If you call, ask for the darkroom dept. Be patient, things are a little confusing right now, they are moving the darkroom dept from one building to another, and stuff is in boxes to be moved to the other building. So the guy answering the phone may in the other building from where the cartridges are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some Walmarts have let me have some, our store in town does. I think they may possibly sale them, but some of the folks have gave them to me in the past.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    B&H, Adorama, and Freestyle have them and you can get used ones that had film in them and left some film out. Tape the new film to the old film end coming out of the cassette and reload. Many cameras that have DX also have manual ISO so you could just use the plain ones.

Shooter
    35mm
    Or you could try making your own DX labels. Recently, I'd picked up an excellent condition Pentax P30t for cheap, but then discovered it required DX coded cartridges. After browsing through the web for DX label solutions, I'd decided to make my own using materials that I already had at home: aluminum foil, double-sided tape, and masking tape.

This example is for ISO 125 @36 shots:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DX_label.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	65100

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin