Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,351   Online: 816

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Nikon FT2 - Focusing Screen Fixed?

I'd like to replace my focusing screen with a grid screen. Is it true that the focusing screen cannot be changed on the FT2???

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Crap, continued doing research and confirmed that is fixed. I really want a Nikon with:

1. Mechanical shutter
    2. Some type of MLU (timer activated is fine)
    3. Interchangeable focusing screens so I can get one with a Grid
    4. Manual focus

What do you suggest??

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Nikon F2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Can the F2 use a screw mount shutter release cable? Doesn't look like it.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    No, you have to have proper release cable or an adapter for regular one. Well, you can't have every feature you imagined, sometimes you just need to fit in existing picture. This is one small thing to give up. YMMW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, but there are inexpensive adapters available.
    The larger adapter was used by Leica, Nikon and Yashica TLR's search for "Leica adapter" on the auction joint.
    or:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAMERA-SHUTT...item23284ad3f9
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can use a Nikon cable release that has a large threaded end that screws over the shutter button, like the old Leica shutter buttons were. Or you can buy a small adapter that screws on any standard cable release that then screws onto the Nikon shutter release. These shouldn't be too hard to find, as they were very common at one time. Hope this helps. I have a couple of Nikon F2s and refuse to get rid of them, as they are great dependable cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The FM2n might be a good choice. It lost the separate MLU feature of the Nikkormat FT2, but gained interchangeable screens.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F FTn, FM2n, Nikomat FT2, Nikkormat FT3 - all blk bodies
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (for DPUG), 28/3.5 H, 35/2 O, 35-135/3.5-4.5 AF, 50/1.4 S, 50/1.4 SC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS

My FB - My flickr stream

Shooter
    35mm
    The Nikon F2 is nice and the cable release issue is easily solved with an inexpensive adapter. There are many F2s around and prices vary. The trick is fnding one with a working meter that is in good condition and doesn't cost too much. If you can live without mirror lock-up and speeds over 1/1000 then consider a Nikon FE. You can get a grid (E) screen for it. Another possibility is an N2020. It's not a great AF camera but is a very usable manual focus camera. There are three screens: standard w/AF brackets, grid (E) and clear (B). You get a built-in winder, speeds to 1/2000, TTL flash capability, different exposure modes and focus confirmation. I have all three screens and, I think, six N2020 bodies. For macro work or for shooting with alower lenses like zooms you might find the standard screen is just fine. It's lilke the B screen but with the AF brackets which you can ignore. The FM does not have interchangeable screens and the FM2 and FM2N usually go for a lot more than the FE or the N2020.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Nikon FT2 - Focusing Screen Fixed?

FM2's are pretty cheap, actually. My local shop has an early black FM2 with some brassing for $89.50. Has the updated shutter in it, too. For $129.50, they have another that has the original style shutter. I know that my current FM2n was $129.50. Pretty clean.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F FTn, FM2n, Nikomat FT2, Nikkormat FT3 - all blk bodies
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (for DPUG), 28/3.5 H, 35/2 O, 35-135/3.5-4.5 AF, 50/1.4 S, 50/1.4 SC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS

My FB - My flickr stream

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin