Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,517   Posts: 1,572,192   Online: 1102

Shooter
    35mm RF

Nikon 28ti repair

Hi I recently bought a Nikon 28ti. Loved the design and the functions and run through several rolls without a problem. Yesterday as a I was shootings beautiful vista in Big Sur the camera stopped in its track. The power had power (lens could retract) but I could advance the film not could I change the aperture (could not move the dial). 8 could not rewind the film either. I decided to sacrifice the film and opened the door but no avail, the film won't move and I did not want to jam it even further. Now the camera is dead and the lens won't retract. I had a brand new battery that only had three rols on it so I doubt that is the case. I guess the next best thing is to send it for repair so unless anyone has an ia of how this can befixed otherwise, I'd appreciate your advice.

Regards,

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Where are you located? U.S.? Europe? Asia?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Washington, D.C.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would eliminate the battery by testing with a voltmeter or replacing with a new one. Clean battery contacts to make sure its not dirty contacts. Some people use pencil erasers but I prefer alcohol on a clean cloth.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Batt is only rated for 18 rolls of 36 exp. with some flash. If you leave the camera on while not in use there is some add'l drain. If you were able to retract the lens before but it won't retract now, as mentioned above I would strongly suspect the battery. Also, if there is a problem with the electronics the camera may still seem to operate but will eat batteries pretty ferociously.
    -Fred

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If none of the above works, you might want to send a note to Nikon USA and see if they can be of any assistance.

I thought I read that Nikon Japan actually is much better at assisting customers than Nikon USA. Might have been here or another photography forum.

In any case, I would clean the contacts, test with a fresh battery and then proceed from there.

Good luck! These are sweet cameras.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin