Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,061   Online: 933

Shooter
    Medium Format

Question About MD15 for Nikon FA

Hello all,

Last year I was able to get a Nikon FA with MD15 really inexpensively that I have been shooting with and my MD15 stopped working , I understand that I do not need it to use my FA and I have been using the camera without. But I would like to get it fixed if possible. Can this be done really inexpensively ? Or is it something I should just not worry about? The reason I ask is because if it is going to be prohibitively its not possible my current finances will not allow it due to my wife's illness. If anyone knows of a place where this might be done inexpensively then please post it or give me a shout.

Thanks so much for any help and suggestions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It might be less expensive to buy another one used that is working. Note! Check the battery contact areas of the one that does not work, it might be corrosion preventing the battery from supplying juice.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ok thanks I will look at them again ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That did help there was some corrosion on one of the contacts inside the drive where the battery cartridge slips in i was able to get it cleaned off and it started working again thanks for the suggestion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It helps to remove the batteries when not using.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    You can get a Nikon N2020 for very little. It has the motor built in. As an AF camera it leaves much to be desired. As a manual focus camera it's very nice. A nice one on working condition might cost less than the MD15 alone.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have an AF Nikon, an N70, but i find I rarely use it as I prefer the Nikon FA if I am shooting film. The N70 works well and has Matrix Metering and a good many other features. I just like the feel and heft of the FA with the MD15, plus its been a decent camera for me and I like the fact it has Matrix metering with AI lenses. At some point if I can ever afford it I will buy a Nikon F4 it was a camera I wanted pretty badly years ago and now they are a fraction of their original cost , finances just do not allow it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin