Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,138   Online: 890

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If one could go without the handiness of the bayonet (breech-lock version), only one adapter would suffice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    If I had that many M42 lenses, I would buy an M42 body to go with it. It could be cheaper in the long run than spending money on pricey adapters that might or might not work properly.
    Because there are only old cameras that are available eg. Spotmatic etc. Put M-42 lenses on my EOS 3 and no troubles to infinity & beyond. And of the bokeh you get out of some of the M-42 lenses it is definitely worth the investment. Sorry I did not mean to hijack your post but the M-42 lenses and their use interests me. And I am a Canon freak...
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 03-08-2013 at 01:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Of all of the FL/FD mount converters offered by Canon, the Converter P (Praktica/Pentax) is probably the most common. If you're patient, you should be able to find one on eBay or another source for a reasonable price (i.e., $20 or less). I've used this converter and can confirm that it provides infinity focus. The only potential issue is that, on M42 lenses with the automatic diaphragm but no A/M switch, you have to lock the diaphragm actuating pin down in order to shoot at less than full aperture.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    If I had that many M42 lenses, I would buy an M42 body to go with it. It could be cheaper in the long run than spending money on pricey adapters that might or might not work properly.
    I've been looking into just that, but after spending more then a few days looking thru Ebay and KEH, I came to the determination that I just don't want to carry a third body just to use a favorite M42 lens. My small kit is now expanded to 2 bodies and 3 lenses. Enough for me.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is the same for me. It's all about the $$$. I could not afford the 85mm FD lens so I went the cheaper way with the Jupiter 9 M-42 lens. I am just waiting for my retirement plan to kick in... (Lotto 649) and then I can afford a full stable of Carl Zeiss lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    That is the same for me. It's all about the $$$. I could not afford the 85mm FD lens so I went the cheaper way with the Jupiter 9 M-42 lens. I am just waiting for my retirement plan to kick in... (Lotto 649) and then I can afford a full stable of Carl Zeiss lenses.
    and plane tickets..
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wayne, out of curiosity, what body were you planning on using. I ask because many of canons cameras were shutter priority metering. So they really d'ont work well with m42 lenses or other adapted optics.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    An A1 and possibly someday a FTB if I get it cla'd. I use it now with the adapter I have.
    W.A. Crider

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin