Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,809   Online: 1022

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Which M42 Adapter for Canon FD bodies?

I own a DLC adapter now but it doesn't tighten on more then a few millimeters. Does anyone know of an adapter thru such as Ebay that actually fully tightens on and gives infinity focusing?
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Canon's "Lens Mount Converter P" is the one I'd recommend. It shows up with regularity on eBay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Call KEH, they should have several in stock. The "P" is the one to get.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    None @ KEH. Several available at Ebay with prices that are all over the board from $25 up $100

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah I caught that too. P adapters can be a little pricey. I sent off emails to some Ebay people and about whether their adapters fully locked on and no response back. I don't think I'll hear from them.
    W.A. Crider

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I own a DLC adapter now but it doesn't tighten on more then a few millimeters.
    Have you thought about grinding those flanges of the adapter to make it work better? You wouldn't lose anything, as it is not working in its current state anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    P adaptors lock correctly, and are well made.

Although - using a lens as a pre-set lens on a FD body seems strange considering how much good/cheap Canon glass there is out there..
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The adapter for M-42 to the EOS mount are very solid and they lock on. Have quite a collection of the M-42 lenses and they are built to last. The problem I have using them on my FD mount is the brass centering screw that locks the adapter in position but it usually falls off after a certain amount of handling. You can pick up EOS bodies for cheap. I also notice the P adapter allows the M-42 lens to mount a bit closer to the mirror so that is probably will allow infinity focus. I really had no use for infinity focus for the years that I used the M-42 and with the great FD lenses for sale it never bothered me.

Ya like he said above while I was writing this...:o)

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    Although - using a lens as a pre-set lens on a FD body seems strange considering how much good/cheap Canon glass there is out there..
    Bokeh might be one reason to do so.
    Or an assortment of M42 lenses already in house.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If I had that many M42 lenses, I would buy an M42 body to go with it. It could be cheaper in the long run than spending money on pricey adapters that might or might not work properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin