Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,152   Posts: 1,614,100   Online: 798

Shooter
    35mm

Looking for Leica R5 on magazine cover

I recall a magazine that came out in the 80s with the R5 on the cover and said something like "We test the Mercedes of cameras" or something about a $5000 camera

anyone recall this? or know what the magazine was?
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm tempted to say it was Popular Photography or maybe Shutterbug... I used to read those, and the title rings a bell. I also used to scour the back-issues for information on different cameras (this was pre-Internet). Many colleges with decent libraries have bound copies of Popular Photography and other photo magazines going back decades in some cases; you might find it there. My Google search just now found, basically, your APUG post.
    “Art is what we call... the thing an artist does." Seth Godin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin