Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,527   Posts: 1,572,397   Online: 1110

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Camera design and description

Are APUG members aware of this site, that I thought was quite interesting.

http://www.amdmacpherson.com/classiccameras/

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for that link, I did not know that site. The interesting feature for such a compilation is that it gives quite a decent technical description of each camera one rather finds at sites devoted to single model or manufacturer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I didn't know about this either. It is very useful.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seems to have a lot of useful and interesting information.
    Thanks for sharing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I seriously thought about three years ago I had visited every single camera and photography website there ever was (yes, it was VERY slow at work for awhile). I have never seen that site and it seems like a very nice, well thought out website. Lots of great information laid out very nicely.

Thanks for the link, I will indeed go through the entire site over the next day or two.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    35mm
    Doesn't look to have been updated since 2005. Interesting I guess, but there isn't much there you can't find out about on camerapedia for instance. There are a few unusual cameras though which is always nice to see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashinoff View Post
    Interesting I guess, but there isn't much there you can't find out about on camerapedia for instance.
    Funny, most of the times I look something up on camerapedia I come away disappointed by the lack of information and angered by the misinformation.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Funny, most of the times I look something up on camerapedia I come away disappointed by the lack of information and angered by the misinformation.
    I noticed a few minor mistakes on this site too. If you want expert work, you'll have to seek out work from experts.

Shooter
    35mm
    When people take the time to disseminate such an array of information it is uplifting at the least. The few mistakes that were noticed (I did not have the ability to discern them) can be forwarded to the collector and hopefully will be corrected.

Thank the OP for forwarding both this 'eye candy' and factual information. - David Lyga

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin