Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,205   Online: 1168

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nikon N90s

Shooter
    35mm
    To the OP:
    have a look at my signature. Yeap, I have 4 F90X! All are in excellent condition and no rubber peeling or nothing like that. Just a bit of TLC from time to time and the F90X is a beauty to operate!
    Looking at the features between the F100 and the F90X, one might think they are loosing Custom Functions and few other things. Now, here is a little secret of the F90X: it has custom functions and even has a memory to store shooting data. All you need is a cable and a PC to read the camera's memory. The software is freely available from SofTalk, but the cable isn't! There are instructions on the net to make one though. Search for it and you'll find it, even if it is in French!
    See: http://www.cocoon-creations.com/COCO...mHarTALK.shtml
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had a couple of N90S's and the only reason I parted with them was that I am lowering the camera count. There are a few N90s around that don't have the rubber coming off the film door. Not a big deal as if your going to use it who cares. The cost of a N90 is continuing to fall, so don't expect to buy for $40 and sell for $100. Of course, they are priceless as a good, solid fuctional camera. I loved using the two or three I had. Very solidly built tank of a camera. Get it for $40, you won't be dissappointed.

For more fun, get the rediculously light but fully modern N75. I even used some of my "G" lens on mine and had a blast with them (again, why have one when you can have two or more)....

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check out the condition of the camera. You might not able to return it.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    funky ergonomics, but great results. it has one of the best fill flash capabilities I've ever used, even better than my F5. solid and heavy. again, all that matters in a case like this is the results and the F90s results are fantastic.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks everyone! I contacted the seller but no response yet! Of course I will have to check it out carefully. I hope it's still available for it seems a good camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBob View Post
    For more fun, get the rediculously light but fully modern N75. I even used some of my "G" lens on mine and had a blast with them (again, why have one when you can have two or more)....

Bob E.
    I LOVED my N75; in my opinion, it's even better than the N80. To this day the N75 is the only modern camera on which I actually learned how the damned multiple autofocus sensors worked and was able to use them properly. I also love how the film winds all the way to the end after you load it and then unwinds as you shoot.

Unfortunately, I dropped my N75 out of a truck (I thought the shoulder strap was on but it wasn't) and then took it apart. You can get the camera wet because everything is plastic, even the pentaprism and the wind/rewind gears!

I've not used the N90, but I've heard one should avoid the non-s version, is there any merit to that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    F90X in markets other than America. I'd make a go for it; it was once the chosen tool among rock climbers here in Australia running Velvia through for publication in outdoor magazines (they've all gone digital now!). Saw many a battered, scraped, scratched, crunched and crinkled example with pricey ultra-wide glass on the front. I wouldn't call it funky or even retro, but a workhorse. As with anything, I'd get it thoroughly checked out if possible before purchase (that means buy in a store, not necessarily online). It helps to know the camera's history; after all, you are likely buying another person's problems...

Shooter
    35mm
    I've not used the N90, but I've heard one should avoid the non-s version, is there any merit to that?
    Not exactly. The original F90/N90 is 95% or more of the updated F90X/N90S (sincerely I don't know why Nikon USA had to give it another name!)
    The F90X is an update: the AF motor was beefed up, accuracy and speed improved. The shutter speeds can now be selected in 1/3 increments, the beep position on the ON/OFF switch disappears (can still be selected using the PC software), the data memory (only usable with the PC connection) was enlarged, the 2 shots self-timer setting is gone and the motor drive speed is improved. One other change, and important for outdoor photography, is the improved weather seals. And finally, the power grip was added to the accessory list. The F90 can use the MB-10, but the vertical shutter button can't be used as the F90 lacks the contacts for it.
    There are other minor changes within the PS programs, the display and the PC software has a few more options dedicated to the F90X.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have just bought one recently and it is an amazing camera for the money. Variants of it have even been used by NASA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bragg View Post
    I have just bought one recently and it is an amazing camera for the money. Variants of it have even been used by NASA.
    That's because it only weighs 20 pounds in space.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin