Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,136   Online: 977

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nikon N90s

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    That's because it only weighs 20 pounds in space.
    Exactly !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one and a couple AF lens, but I always use a F3 or EL2. Good dependable camera though.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    I have one and a couple AF lens, but I always use a F3 or EL2. Good dependable camera though.

Mike

I wish I had an F3. Of the Nikons I have, while I love my N90s's, my all time favorite is the EL2. I have three of them

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The rubber-back issue isn't really a dealbreaker - since just about any old N90 will have that (unless they replaced the back under warranty??)

The stuff comes off pretty easily (and it's clear, not black. Removing it leaves the black paint in place - you will lose the white program icons though).

I just took 99% isopropyl and some strips of plastic food wrap. Drip some on, and lay the plastic on to keep the alcohol from evaporating. Let is soak in, then scrub with a rough cloth. After several rounds of this, it will be gone in the areas with the most wear, and no longer sticky - just sort of a translucent matte finish - everywhere else.

I left it at that, but you can likely get it all off.

Other have used various chemicals, acetone, etc - I didn't want to remove the black paint or damage any plastic parts though.

I bought my N90s new ages ago - it still functions like new, and it was my main fashion shooter for years - lots of rolls run through it. Workhorse is the word.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by M Carter View Post
    The rubber-back issue isn't really a dealbreaker - since just about any old N90 will have that (unless they replaced the back under warranty??)
    I replaced my F90's back under warranty, then put it in my MF-26's box and never used it.

I ended up selling it because I found a cheap F90x - but I forget if I put the F90x's back on the F90, or put the brand new replacement back instead.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Not exactly. The original F90/N90 is 95% or more of the updated F90X/N90S (sincerely I don't know why Nikon USA had to give it another name!)
    The F90X is an update: the AF motor was beefed up, accuracy and speed improved. The shutter speeds can now be selected in 1/3 increments, the beep position on the ON/OFF switch disappears (can still be selected using the PC software), the data memory (only usable with the PC connection) was enlarged, the 2 shots self-timer setting is gone and the motor drive speed is improved. One other change, and important for outdoor photography, is the improved weather seals. And finally, the power grip was added to the accessory list. The F90 can use the MB-10, but the vertical shutter button can't be used as the F90 lacks the contacts for it.
    There are other minor changes within the PS programs, the display and the PC software has a few more options dedicated to the F90X.
    For me the most important upgrade is the addition of spot meteringfeature.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At their peak in the early 90's they sold new for ~ $1400 USD if my memory serves me correctly.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MFstooges View Post
    For me the most important upgrade is the addition of spot meteringfeature.
    The F90/N90 and F90x/N90s both have spot metering. I think you're thinking of the F801/N8008 which didn't, and its successor the F801s/N8008s which did.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    The F90/N90 and F90x/N90s both have spot metering. I think you're thinking of the F801/N8008 which didn't, and its successor the F801s/N8008s which did.
    As Jim said!
    My cameras:
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F50, F55, F60, 2xF601, F65, 3xF75, F801, 2x F801S, F80, F90, 4xF90X, EL2, FE, FM, 2xFG, FG-20, 3xEM

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have an N90s and I love it. Great camera and they are really affordable now. Buy one if you can.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin