Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,487   Online: 1073

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nikon N90s

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    The F90/N90 and F90x/N90s both have spot metering. I think you're thinking of the F801/N8008 which didn't, and its successor the F801s/N8008s which did.
    I thought 's' means 'spot' !!

......after all these years ..... sigh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MFstooges View Post
    I thought 's' means 'spot' !!

......after all these years ..... sigh
    I'm not sure why it's the N90s in the US - it's the F90x everywhere else.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon didn't want to service "gray market" goods in the US under warranty. They got tired of doing this by serial number and decided to use model numbers to indicate goods officially imported by Nikon US and those purchased outside the US and imported by someone other than Nikon US.
    No US model number means no US Nikon warranty repair regardless of purchase date.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    I'm not sure why it's the N90s in the US - it's the F90x everywhere else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Nikon didn't want to service "gray market" goods in the US under warranty. They got tired of doing this by serial number and decided to use model numbers to indicate goods officially imported by Nikon US and those purchased outside the US and imported by someone other than Nikon US.
    No US model number means no US Nikon warranty repair regardless of purchase date.
    I knew about the F/N difference... but I'm puzzled by the x/s difference.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

oms

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't know why, but there was already an N8008S (F801S elsewhere) and F4s. Maybe they thought we Americans would be confused by more letters other than 's' -- of course, it fits, since to me the N90s is the quintessential "Nikon of the '90s."

Shooter
    35mm

n90s

I'am new to the forum having just joined, I have an n90 and a n90s and I love them both but to me the n90s is a faster camera, and it's a wokhorse for everything you want to do with it...rick.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm. Just scored a 50mm f/1.8 AF and 28-70 f/3.5-4.5 AF for $10. I now have the N90S, 60mm f/2.8 micro Nikkor AF and these two lenses. I think I'll shoot a roll of film this weekend to make sure everyone is happy with each other.
    Last edited by Tony-S; 06-27-2013 at 07:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Got mine from KEH on sale for $29, supposedly in BGN condition. Honestly, I cannot find a blemish on it, and it works beautifully. It doesn't even have the sticky back that many folks complain of.

My vote, get it.

I do get a vote, right? Someone told me I did.

Shooter
    35mm
    The N90s does not have many verticals programmed into the Matrix meter; the F100 has more. The N90s will also not function w/stabilization or G lenses. I have both, but at least the N90s has metal catches on the back--not plastic like the F100(mine broke).
    Last edited by chip j; 06-27-2013 at 09:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin