Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,754   Online: 908

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nikon N90s

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon N90s

Someone locally on craiglist offers a 90s body with the battery grip for $40. I am not familiar with this camera what do you think? Is it a good camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depends on condition, but if it's in good nick, an N90s/F90x for $40 with an MB-11 is a great deal.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The best. I got one Keh for $39 and I love it. I use a 85mm f 1.8 and ut is super. The autofocus is very, very fast, reported to be the same as tge f100 which is really good. Get it!!!
    Logan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon N90s/F90x is a great camera. I own 2 one with battery grip. Fast AF, accurate spot meter, good battery life, good fps if you need it.

No AF point selection, it has two modes wide and narrow.
    Backdoor's rubber coating gets sticky and flakes off in time. You can find lots of info on it on the internet.
    It has limitations with Nikon G lenses I suppose. No M mode if I recall correctly.

I would only consider giving it up, if I find a very very good bargain for F100 (because it is much modern equal tech), otherwise it is very good at what it does and I don't feel the need to upgrade.

(AF speed with 85mm F1.8 is truly very fast)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll join those lauding the N90. It was my go to in 35mm. I recently picked up an F100 with many extras for a good price. I occasionally carry both, one loaded with color the other with b/w or same film one ISO 100, the other 400. The cameras are fairly similar in function.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm
    The N90 or the F90 in UK can look very rough due to the covering on the back which is a sort of synthetic rubber peeling of giving it a scabby appearance. Take no notice of this because it is not a sign of rough handling or heavy usage. It is one of Nikon's not so good ideas. The AF is noisy compared to later cameras, but the build quality is good. The meter is good and so is the handling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have also had and used the N90's and had good results with them. I sold both of mine for more than $40 some years ago. I would pay that for a good working one.

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The camera was the most advanced until the F5 was introduced. With a variety of auto modes + manual.
    There's a decent writeup on Mir.com
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a pretty heavy camera. But then again, all autofocus computer cameras are!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have 2 N90's with battery grips. they are awesome. I had a thread on here recently comparing the N90 with the F100 and there were few differences of value to me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin